Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega CD 1 Repair

• 03-11-2011 2:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello lads,

I have a broken Mega CD 1 here. Someone plugged in the wrong power supply it seems and has damaged it. I'm going to attempt to fix it.

Part of the board is charred/burned. How do I go about cleaning the burning/charring off the board? What do I need? A wipe didnt get rid of much.

MIne looks similar to this one -

mcdpowerboard1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'd say you should use an alcohol wipe spray to see if you can remove some of the charing.

I'd be more worried about the component which looks like it did the charing, looks like a resistor just above the burn mark on the yellow wire. That will need replacing with an similar value resistor. Hopefully nothing else up stream from is has been fried.

Edit: wait, thats not a pic of your board? Want to throw up a photo? :)

Advertisement