Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seamail from Japan

• 03-11-2011 2:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

Has anyone gotten something from Japan by seamail? Unfortunately items over 2kg can't be posted by SAL or airmail it seems. So it's either EMS or seamail. EMS postage prices on some consoles are over double that of seamail.

So, any experiences with items or consoles sent by seamail? Did the item turn up in good condition? Did you have to pay tax?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I sent some chocolate snacks to friends using Japan Mail seamail last December.

They arrived in March.

I think they were relatively intact, considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not sure about seamail but I've sent stuff home from Japan via freight.

Everything arrived and I've not been caught for any import duty as of yet.

I'll be doing the same thing next week when I'm in Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    Everything arrived and I've not been caught for any import duty as of yet.

I've been caught twice in the last month. That was stuff sent by SAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

Has anyone gotten something from Japan by seamail? Unfortunately items over 2kg can't be posted by SAL or airmail it seems. So it's either EMS or seamail. EMS postage prices on some consoles are over double that of seamail.

So, any experiences with items or consoles sent by seamail? Did the item turn up in good condition? Did you have to pay tax?

I’ve definitely got stuff well over 2kg sent by sal and am currently waiting on a package that is about 5kgs that went sal !
    seamail is grand but very slow normally 3months give or take 1 week or 2,paying tax is hit and miss really ,Sometimes EMS can be cheaper than Sal and can be with you in 3-5 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'll be doing the same thing next week when I'm in Japan.

Care to swap lives?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, we find someone who has ruined a game, based in Japan, say Team Ninja who bollixed up Metroid Other M, and pop a few fresh prawns in a plastic bag, wrap them up, send them via the sea, and wait for the news report on a suspicious prawn related death some months later!

Advertisement