Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People cheating already :(

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Thank God I have BATTLEFIELD 3 for the PS3.....

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

tuxy wrote: »

Just need servers with admins to ban and also lots of servers streaming to PBbans, not to worry.

Expect MW3 to be riddled with hackers on all platforms as usual..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

jackoire wrote: »
    Just need servers with admins to ban and also lots of servers streaming to PBbans, not to worry.

Expect MW3 to be riddled with hackers on all platforms as usual..

Don't forget about the twelve year old kids and the campers..... especially the campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its sad that a player needs to cheat in a game. Why ruin it for everyone else.

I just dont get it tbh. Where's the fun, where's the sense of achievement, idk tbh alot of gamers these days are just idiots that have no sense of community

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Was on a server with an aim botter yesterday, named masterk1ll3r lol. Basically using a m249 and blasting everything in sight, has a 30 k/d ratio and match ended with him with 160 kills and 4 deaths, the whole 64 man server left after the fist game, I just don't see the point in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

How can you tell if someone is cheating?? Is it just the amount of kills they have?? Does punkbuster not stop all that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

jonny666 wrote: »
    How can you tell if someone is cheating?? Is it just the amount of kills they have?? Does punkbuster not stop all that??

If a cheater is smart and plays legit he can get away with not being spotted at all. Someone who does not use an aimbot in a way that will show him as a cheater such as 180 turn headshots or 5 or 6 kills in a row multiple times can get away with not being spotted either. Legit is just terminology and is nowhere near legit playing.

Someone who cheats to annoy or troll is called a rager. They will have maximum features of there hack enabled such as full aimbot, see through walls, sometimes even speed hacks. These are the people who will empty a server.

Punkbuster works in a way that it has to get the signature of a hack to be able to ban a person using it. Sometimes this is very difficult for them as the hack developer will have used very smart ways around it such as streaming hacks. Most of the hacks that won't get you banned will cost allot of money or will be private where only a certain amount of people will have it, therefore making it impossible for punkbuster to get the signature of the hack.

Not advocating hacking, just trying to educate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Limericks wrote: »
    If a cheater is smart and plays legit he can get away with not being spotted at all. Someone who does not use an aimbot in a way that will show him as a cheater such as 180 turn headshots or 5 or 6 kills in a row multiple times can get away with not being spotted either. Legit is just terminology and is nowhere near legit playing.

Someone who cheats to annoy or troll is called a rager. They will have maximum features of there hack enabled such as full aimbot, see through walls, sometimes even speed hacks. These are the people who will empty a server.

Punkbuster works in a way that it has to get the signature of a hack to be able to ban a person using it. Sometimes this is very difficult for them as the hack developer will have used very smart ways around it such as streaming hacks. Most of the hacks that won't get you banned will cost allot of money or will be private where only a certain amount of people will have it, therefore making it impossible for punkbuster to get the signature of the hack.

Not advocating hacking, just trying to educate :)

Ah thanks for the info. Ive been in a few games where the top rated player has over 50 kills in a match and only one or two deaths and I was wondering about them. Why bother. No fun in that at all. Them peoples ip addresses should be logged and given a permanent battlefield ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

jonny666 wrote: »
    Ah thanks for the info. Ive been in a few games where the top rated player has over 50 kills in a match and only one or two deaths and I was wondering about them. Why bother. No fun in that at all. Them peoples ip addresses should be logged and given a permanent battlefield ban

Sadly IP bans wouldn't do much and even if there was an effective way to perma ban someone from a game EA or Activision or any game's publisher would never go for it. The way they see it, if someone hacks and get's there key banned, they are probably going to buy another copy, which is more money in there pockets. It's sad, but they are in the end of the day a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

On the point of where's the fun.
    Back in the day I used to be well into CSS and our clan was in the Enemy Down league, so I'd browse the forums. There I found a high profile player confess to being a hacker, he claimed that it was the most fun he ever had playing a game.
    I don't get it, you guys don't get it but someone who did hack had a load of fun and I suppose until you try it you'll never know.
    And I'm comfortable with never knowing.

• Advertisement

When I was around 14, I got bored playing Doom on God mode and realised that cheating is a hallow means to a pointless end. Anything other than a fair challenge is a waste of effort, which is why when I played WoW I avoided ganking as well.

People who do cheat - never got beyond that early teen desire to win above all else. It's a maturity thing, which when you think about it - should make you feel better, knowing that the person cheating is either an asshole troll or a child.

Plenty of servers out there, tag the ones with cheaters and dont go to them if they aren't moderated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Some players are just really really good and some are really really bad. Which leads to a witchhunt.

See a cheater post it on there battlelog after the round or report them via battlelog.

Its what its there for public shaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

You will always get hackers and cheats.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Join a server with an admin present as much as possible. Problem sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

TheFairy wrote: »

How can you tell if there is an admin on the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tuxy wrote: »
    How can you tell if there is an admin on the server?

Say, "This server sucks and is run by raging homersexuals!!1!!11one!!"
    If you get banned, the server has an admin on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Say, "This server sucks and is run by raging homersexuals!!1!!11one!!"
    If you get banned, the server has an admin on.

works for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Agree big time...

Some shinery graphics and to be part of a pointless 32 man team versus another 32 (how can 1 player or even 1 squad make a difference in such numbers) and to have to deal with all the cheating and crap....

mozattack wrote: »
    Agree big time...

Some shinery graphics and to be part of a pointless 32 man team versus another 32 (how can 1 player or even 1 squad make a difference in such numbers) and to have to deal with all the cheating and crap....

Just lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

mozattack wrote: »
    Agree big time...

Says a person who's obviously never played the PC version.....

1 squad working well together can decimate an entire enemy team, or at the very least sway the game in their teams favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Came up against a cheater there a few mins ago. TBH I wouldn't have known that he was cheating if it wasnt for the video so cheers for that. The guy had 45 kills and 2 deaths. Only played for 17hrs and has a crazy amount of points.

Funny thing being I was kicked from the server by an admin because of the abuse I was giving the cheater!!!!

Im gonna flick into Charles Bronson mode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I feel safe in my tank :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I feel safe in my tank :D

Lets see if the cheaters start using choppers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i remember when bf2 went live, there was a file you could change to give yourself every weapon and set your rank to the final rank.. nearly sure it was bf2. and yes, i done it.. **ashamed!"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So you can jailbreak it, use an aimbot hack off a USB stick, and not get kicked as there are no admins on the server? Or are you naive and think that there are no hacks for the PS3 version?

I see the winner on the PS3 leaderboard has a SPM of >1,000.

How is that possible, even if cheating!?

Says a person who's obviously never played the PC version.....

1 squad working well together can decimate an entire enemy team, or at the very least sway the game in their teams favour.

Don't see how that is possible to be honest... 1 person from a team of 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheFairy wrote: »
    Exactly. I've lost count of the amount of games I've played where a message appears in the console about people that have been banned for using hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

nerd question: how do aimbots actually work?

I have no interest in cheating, but am curious about how they actually work?do they control the mouse, or manipulate the packets sent by the game etc.

SD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Advertisement