Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Men are incapable of parenting!"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Orion wrote: »
    To be honest I was after driving around the car park with no luck (it was getting close to xmas) and came across this spot. Nearly drove by it then remembered woohoo I'm a parent and I've two toddlers with me :D

I felt no shame taking it - imo these spots are for children's safety not the parent's convenience. Steering a pram around a busy car park is not for the faint-hearted. It's not by accident these spots are near the paths.

I saw one of these for the first time the other day. The car park was absolutely jammers but nobody was taking the big orange space (which was a fair bit from the shop entrance and it was milling down). It occurred to me that with a 4 year old and 2 year old it would be fair game for me but I couldn't bring myself to park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Orion wrote: »
    When my kids were about 2 I parked in a parent and child spot in Liffey Valley (outside Mamas and Papas) and got grief from a woman walking by that it was for mothers. I ignored her while lifting my twins out of the car in to the double pram that she was standing beside moaning at me. Moron.
    Was in our local dunnes yesterday and I noticed the picture that is painted in these areas is actually a woman the adult symbol is painted in a dress. I still cant get over the mindset of it I wonder do they actually stop men with children parking there or is some bit of common sense used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

That's almost funny. I think my husband is better at it than I am... well he's more fun than I am anyway :D
    I do remember as a child being sent to my grandmothers on the rare occasion thay my mother was going anywhere. I think it had more to do with the fact that my father was out farming than him not being able to do it though.

That said I do know some (though few) men who have very little to do with the rearing of their children. Very sad I think when they have that choice as they miss out on so much.

Advertisement