Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a raclette Grill

Options
  • 03-11-2011 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any shops in Sligo (or Donegal Town) that stock these?

I want to bring one home as a present but as I'll only be bringing hand luggage, I was hoping to get one in Ireland instead and use up my hand luggage space for my Winter woolies ;)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Lidl/Aldi occasionally have them, but very rarely. I brought mine home from Switzerland in a checked in suitcase, which isn't much good to you.

Have you considered ordering online from fnac and getting it delivered to someone in Ireland before you arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Thoie wrote: »
    Have you considered ordering online from fnac and getting it delivered to someone in Ireland before you arrive?

yes, I had thought of that too, I'm considering a few options, including getting one here in Germany and checking in luggage (which will probably work out cheaper anyway)

I'll probably go with the checked luggage option, allowing me to bring over some nice wines for Christmas, it would have just been handy if I could have got one at home, but it's looking as though that's not going to be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Apanachi wrote: »
    Thoie wrote: »

yes, I had thought of that too, I'm considering a few options, including getting one here in Germany and checking in luggage (which will probably work out cheaper anyway)

I'll probably go with the checked luggage option, allowing me to bring over some nice wines for Christmas, it would have just been handy if I could have got one at home, but it's looking as though that's not going to be an option

hi
    i got one in lidl last year,couldn't find it anywhere else in sligo and luckily they had that offer. Problem now is that i can't even get raclette cheese anymore. Kates kitchen were selling it for a while but stopped it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I had one when I living in France but didn't bring it back to Ireland with me as it's impossible to get raclette cheese anywhere in Sligo and really a raclette grill is no good without the raclette cheese.

I was in Lidl a couple of weeks ago and spotted some for sale.

Maybe if you try Cross Section, they could order one for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

bobcar61 wrote: »
    really a raclette grill is no good without the raclette cheese.

Of course it is!!!!

We often use normal cheese (eg Gouda, but not the processed stuff and definitely not those horrid individually wrapped cheeses)

But we often just put meat under the grill, nice pork/beef/chicken (etc...) cubes even minced meat, seasoning, onions, mushrooms, peppers, aubergines, you name we grill it; sometimes with, sometimes without cheese topping and it tastes fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

Silly q but how does a Raclette Grill differ from say a george foreman?
    The forman drains the fat is that how a raclette differs from a foreman? I have a foreman just wondering should i invest in a raclette also?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

It depends what you are using it for. If its just for meat and veg, the foreman does the job. With the raclette one you get little trays to melt your cheese in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

I received a tefal one as a gift from France last year - its been never been used so gonna sell it on for anyone interested. Has proper stone cooking surface etc:
    http://www.adverts.ie/kitchen-appliances/tefal-pierrade-raclette-ambiance-8-persons/1665332

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I would imagine the OP probably has this sorted. Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement