Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Crashes into Garda Station Tullamore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Isn't the Garda station fully surrounded by a wall? How did the cars even get close enough to the station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Thought there was going to be a pic of a D reg mondeo

Sister after calling over just found out it was a mate of ours:eek:
    Hes fine, no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Which car was your mate driving? ;)

Check out the cctv footage on Tullamore Pictures facebook page! :eek:

I knew this was what happened when i first saw those pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001618770828

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Driving past there last night - well Im sorry, I had to laugh. Thankfully nobody was hurt but some sight seeing that Toyota buried in the front door.

• Advertisement

What sort of a tool overtakes, at speed, on Patrick street, just before a pedestrian crossing and a roundabout where they could easily have met a car head on coming from Kilbride?! They could have killed someone. :rolleyes: They looked like they were in a hurry to get away from somewhere, or get to somewhere. ;)

The person in the silver car must have gotten some shock! :eek: Driving along minding their own business, then wham!

What I can't understand is HOW on earth you'd manage to somehow crash and actually crash with such precision that you fly through a pedestrian entrance. Seriously what was the chance of that Happening?

Did you look at the footage on the facebook page i linked to? Shows exactly what happened.

But yeah, pretty precise alright! If you are gonna cause an accident, why not make it easy for the cops and crash right into their front door! :p Bet it was the fastest they ever got to an accident scene! :D:D

Didn't see it, will try look now

Its the very first post on the wall, poster wrote 'caught on camera ;)' on the post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

That's fair funny, Of all the places to crash !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hope that guy who shared the video doesnt get in any trouble with the company for releasing it! :confused:

ah, i think he might be the owner, and it seems to be private cctv from their shop on Patrick St. Fair play to him for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Cant view the video too well as our broadband is crap.

But from what I could see it appears that the other car (BMW?) was going too fast to make a right turn anyway. If the Toyota hadnt been there would'nt he/she have ended up in the front door of the Garda Station anyway ? And if so.....

Yeah, i thought that too, they were just driving straight, no attempt to turn at all! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

280special wrote: »

But from what I could see it appears that the other car (BMW?) was going too fast to make a right turn anyway. If the Toyota hadnt been there would'nt he/she have ended up in the front door of the Garda Station anyway ? And if so.....

Looked like he was aiming to hit the barracks anyway even before the other car appeared.

What sort of a physco does that? He could have killed someone. Tullamores got shocking sinister

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looks like he picked up a fair bit of speed on the way to the Garda station. Hope the driver of the speeding car gets put away for a spell, and none of the usual "from a bad home"/"suspended sentence" crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Hope that guy who shared the video doesnt get in any trouble with the company for releasing it! :confused:

ah, i think he might be the owner, and it seems to be private cctv from their shop on Patrick St. Fair play to him for sharing!
    Looks like it could be Gamestop? Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

That driver has no cop on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

what an a$$hole. he should definately get sentenced and get a long ban from driving. God love the people in the other car, imagine if they'd had a child in the back? jesus it's scary watching that video:eek:

There was a child in the Toyota, bit shook up but ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AndOne

What was th fella in bmw thinking if he hadnt of hit the other car he would be dead, was clearly drink driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

280special wrote: »

Exactly what I thought. The Toyota was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    That dick in the BMW should be off the road for a long time for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

For anyone not on Facebook or unable to view the video;

His brake lights didn't even seem to come on. Jesus

Advertisement