Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical gifts for mother

Options
  • 03-11-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good x-mas electrical gift for my mum who is mid 60s. Not a toaster, kettle or other kitchen appliance because they will be used by other people and not a mobile phone becasue she already has one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Electric blanket?

There's a citydeal offer today for a memory foam topper, tempted to buy it for the folks myself!

Does she like to cook? One of those air fryers seem good also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭billyhead

Electric blanket?

There's a citydeal offer today for a memory foam topper, tempted to buy it for the folks myself!

Does she like to cook? One of those air fryers seem good also

Thanks for the info. Any other suggestions would be appreciated because I don't think she would be too kean on an elctrical duvet or blanket due to the fire risk etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Does she like baking? How about a KitchenAid or something similar?
    I am dying to get one of these for Christmas, have been dropping hints since last year:)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KitchenAid-Artisan-KSM150BER-Stand-Mixer/dp/B000094U5H/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1320353005&sr=8-4

Just thought I got one of these for my mum last christmas, she loves it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HF3485-Wake-up-Light-Playback/dp/B0044YO9BE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320353134&sr=8-3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

These are great. They are rechargable candle lights. They look very realistic like candle light, you get a good 15-20 hours use out of them and you dont have to worry about not turning them off because they wont prove a fire hazard like real candles.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Imageo-Rechargeable-Candle-Lights/dp/B000JP4M6O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321111419&sr=8-1

An actifry is another option. Its an airfryer,works very like an oven or deep fat frier just without the fat so its a healthy choice but the food tastes sinfully delicious all the same. It cooks everything from chips to roast potatoes and vegetables and chicken fillets lamb cutlets etc. You can throw meat and veg,potatos in together and they all cook perfectly. It differs from other cookers in that you dont have to babysit your food, turning it to make sure it doesnt burn and that it cooks evenly. You just throw the food in, set the timer, return when you hear beeping and everything is done too perfection. It's also incredibly easy to use, there is no learning curve or slaving over a manual. Literaly its just a case of turning it on and turning it off so its mammy proof! 393 5 star ratings on amazon.
    Its here :
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-ActiFry-FZ700015-Electric-Capacity/dp/B000T76UOE/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1321111556&sr=1-1-catcorr

Or maybe a kindle if she likes to read or an ipad if shes into browsing, has kids she could skype to or likes emailing .

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

how about a babyliss big hair? sounds mad, but its basically a rotating hairbrush that drys your hair at the same time, it is a great help for anyone who has arthritis in their arms/wrists as it takes out a lot of the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How about a kindle OP? I'm not sute how tech-savvy your Mam is but my Dad took to his quickly.

Another option is a digital photo frame which you could pre load photos onto to make it more personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Does you mother do a lot baking or cooking. At the moment on Amazon.co.uk
    they have a Kenwood Prospero Compact KM265 4.3 Litre Stand Mixer for stg £116.99 which using xe.com works out at €136.64 today.
    This is a very good price as it sells for €213.99 in argos at the moment.
    Amazon will deliver this for free so you could get in delivered directly to your mother as a gift.
    This can be used as both a food mixer and food processor. I give this as a wedding present a few years ago and it was very well liked.

Advertisement