Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nanolite Groupon Deal

Options
  • 02-11-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I paid for one of the Nanolite deals too and expected delivery in 2-4 wks. It is now almost 6 wks and no delivery, emails are bouncing back, website contacts don't work and Groupon just tell me they can do nothing but send emails to the Nanolite supplier. Strange how the contact links on Groupon.ie and CityDeals.ie don't work while the link to Groupon.co.uk has a false email address

Something stinks <SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post moved from the Boards Deals forum to its own thread in Consumer Issues.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5 trunvel

I foolishly paid for one of these on Sep 23rd for a deal that activated Sep 27th and with a claimed delivery time of "up to 2 to 4 weeks" . It is now up to 8 weeks since they took my money and all efforts to get satisfaction have been in vain. I am trying to get a refund but they have an auto reply saying that their emails and server are being repaired but "this will not affect your delivery date"!!
    If any deal appears in the future involving Nanolite or TheBoxNetwork don't touch it with the proverbial bargepole! I think it is an excellent <SNIP> - you pay for a discount voucher which arrives promptly by email so you can't say you didn't get what you paid for. Try using the voucher and your problems begin. All you get are stalling tactics presumably until you stop complaining to an autoreply customer service system.

Groupon.ie is the agency involved in the initial taking of my cash and they are not contactable either by email or website.

BE WARNED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Did you try calling them on 1-800-936-927 or send them an e-mail: support(at)citydeal.ie

I tested the number and was answer, didn't wait to talk to anyone. Groupon are also on facebook and Twitter.

For Nanolite I see they have a warning on the contact pages
    SERVER AND EMAIL DISRUPTIONS - 7/11/11

We have been experiencing technical disruptions with both our server platform and emailing system. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. No emails have been lost, however we are inundated with responses. Therefore, there will be a delay in our response time during this disruption. You will be pleased to know that the issues with our server and emailing service will be resolved shortly.

Please be assured this is our highest priority, and that our best efforts are being made to respond to all your enquires ASAP.

Please Note: These disruptions will not affect the delivery date of your item/s.

On behalf of The Box Network, we would like to thank all our customers for their understanding.

If that fails call your credit card company to ask to reverse the charge, they might ask you for copy of emails you send and other communications you had with them.

CityDeals.ie do not take emails - every one that I sent has bounced (address not recognised). The customer service 1800 number transfers to Groupon UK and they either tell me they cannot do anything because I am in Ireland or they tell me they have emailed Nanolite for information and cannot do anything more than that. Needless to say, they haven't got a reply from Nanolite either.

I think there is something dishonest about this entire "deal" and when I described it with a four-letter word <SNIP> the moderator understandably snipped it.

trunvel wrote: »
    CityDeals.ie do not take emails - every one that I sent has bounced (address not recognised). The customer service 1800 number transfers to Groupon UK and they either tell me they cannot do anything because I am in Ireland or they tell me they have emailed Nanolite for information and cannot do anything more than that. Needless to say, they haven't got a reply from Nanolite either.

I think there is something dishonest about this entire "deal" and when I described it with a four-letter word <SNIP> the moderator understandably snipped it.

When calling the freephone number if they don't want to deal with you because you are in Ireland, say to them their number is listed on the website, there's no replies to email and need to talk to someone if still the same ask for a supervisor/manager.

After how long do the emails bounced back? I sent 1 about 20 min ago and no bounce so far. I assume you are replacing the (at) for @ ?

Have you contacted your credit card company about to reverse the charge?

• Advertisement

I've had no response from CityDeal and mails took some time to bounce. The refusal to deal with Irish customers was the email response from Groupon UK. I have a customer support ticket# from them which I have frequently referred to in emails but have not got anything resembling a satisfactory response.

All I wanted was an MP3 player; they took my money and didn't supply the item. I paid through Paypal and have lodged a complaint with them and am now only looking for a refund

I have looked for the manger/supervisor but she was conveniently on sick leave(!!). I have argued that they have priced goods in Euro, targetted the Irish market and have an Irish-based website but got no response to those points

And, yes, I am aware of the need to put @ in an email address. I note that Groupon UK have an faulty email address on their website that may be designed to prevent disatisfied customers like me getting through to them.

If you have any connection with any of the organisations involved in these matters I would appreciate your assistance in getting a refund

trunvel wrote: »
    If you have any connection with any of the organisations involved in these matters I would appreciate your assistance in getting a refund

Sorry No connection with any of them, had some time spare and went looking on their websites.

Not sure if Paypal payments can be escalated for faster resolution as on Ebay payments but if they have that option escalate, I would also contact the Credit card company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

You must open a Paypal dispute within 45 days AFAIK. If you're still within that time period, lodge it now asap. If it goes beyond that time period, it will be much more difficult (if not impossible) to get a resolution from Paypal. I've heard that delaying tactics can be used to prevent people from taking this route - not saying that's the case here, but I'd get on the ball NOW to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Nanolite is a <SNIP> company.(in case anyone hadnt realised) The mp3 player either isnt delivered,wont sync with itunes, or when it does quickly stops working. Its a piece of ****.Stay well away.Ring your credit card company and explain what happened and see what they say.

Advertisement