Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ref talk

• 28-11-2004 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Hi, does anyone know of a contraption that will let you listen to the ref when you are at the matches without forking out a tenner each time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

without forking out a tenner each time?

Is such a device available already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Anything that will tune into local FM radio is all u need. I always use a a small sony radio and the frequency is usually around 95/96 FM local. Or else buy ref talk, i think they last for more than one match?

Don't hold me to this,
    But I Believe that any good short-wave radio can pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

I brought my dinky Sony FM radio into Lansdowne on Saturday. Tuned to Radio 1 and all was rosy till it hit 6PM and they changed to MW. Before switching off the radio I did one scan of all frequencies and low and behold in the 95/96 Mhz region I was able to pick up the ref link. The quality was crystal clear and much better that ref link because I had a stereo headset. Those ref link thingie just clip to one ear.

• Advertisement

I was right i was right i was....................... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

ouch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i don't really like those things cuz i feel i kinda of loose concentration of whats happening in the match, but they're alright to listen to once in a while. Yur better off bringing ur own cuz they r well crappy and the quality is very poor. I remember when i went to the munster game against castres in france it kept picking up this french radio station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Do they broadcast on teh same frequency for subsequent matches?

I bought onefor the Argentina game but am damned if I'mgoing to shell out half the price of a ticket on every match from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement