Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reviewed CID

• 03-11-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Is it true a reviewed CID must be of a higher amount? I heard this today and am just wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

what is a reviewed CID?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

I wouldn't think that a CID has to go higher. Ring the union to check this before any review happens. its very hard for the Union to intervene afterwards. best act beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I would nearly think that it does.

I can't imagine unions/employees agreeing to reduce the terms of their contract, unless that clause exists already - I don't know personally as I am 2 years away from CID status so am not yet informed on them.

But I could only imagine a case of reviewing a CID where the employees hours go up.

Again, purely based on opinion here and nothing factual or legal to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

As has been drilled into us, a CID has the same standing as permanency. Therefore, hours cannot be reduced. I'd imagine that the first school/VEC to attempt to do so would find themselves in the Labour Court fairly sharpish. The unions have been waiting for a test case on this for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I know they can't be reduced but can they remain the same? Or do they HAVE to go up? Another question that arose with a colleague recently was, if one takes a career break do they come back to the new salary as in 10% less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

I know they can't be reduced but can they remain the same? Or do they HAVE to go up? Another question that arose with a colleague recently was, if one takes a career break do they come back to the new salary as in 10% less?

Definitely not! Going on career break will not deem them a "new" entrant. They are already in the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Can one take a career break on CID?

And does one have to be at CID status for a certain amount of time before taking that career break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

peanuthead wrote: »
    Can one take a career break on CID?

And does one have to be at CID status for a certain amount of time before taking that career break?

Absolutely! Girl in my school who is on career break and she is CID. Of course you would have a right to career break.
    Not sure on your second question.

Advertisement