Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den Ireland

Options
  • 03-11-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

If anybody is interested - the closing date for Dragons Den Ireland is November 25th.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/dragonsden/

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Will Sean G be back as a dragon?

Obviously had he won his race he would not be but now?

Dragons Den would not be for me and I would have to add if I were to apply it would be for the UK version not the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Pope John 11

Sean G will not be back again. RTE here are being very coy about it. Notice the empty chairs and the presenter are shown only. Before you would see the 5 dragons.

Big Gamble then on SG's part as you wonder where now for him in terms of earning a crust?

Gamble in terms of running for president and falling short with the guaranteed personal info coming to light etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paperplanes1988

Also heard that the new woman from last years series, her name eludes me now, isn't returning either. Leaves one to wonder who they will get to fill two vacant spots. It is definitely going ahead anyway as I have heard from them when they have filming scheduled for and everything so they must have new Dragons lined up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Would love to know the average ROI for the Irish dragons to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Sean G will not be back again. RTE here are being very coy about it. Notice the empty chairs and the presenter are shown only. Before you would see the 5 dragons.

sean gallagher said he would be back
    but for that reason im out lol!

Do any of the Irish Dragons have any real international entrepreneurial flair/track record?

If Dermot Desmond, Michael O' Leary etc. were Dragons one thinks we would see a better calibre of applicant.

Sometimes I think the UK one is bad but tbf even the bad pitches over there look good compared to some of the Irish ones.

I do still watch it from time to time but apart from the Tan Organics did anything really meet with success?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Bobby Kerr said to me that 8 i think went ahead out of all the investments and offers and the rest either fell apart because people could agree on terms..

So yes there were a few good investments for those dragons and certainly worth a look from a buiness point off view.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I do still watch it from time to time but apart from the Tan Organics did anything really meet with success?

There was an episode or two of it where they went on the road and visited the ones that got investment and where they are now and also some of the ones that didnt accept or get it and how they are getting on.

And?:D

Axwell there are no real big success stories though are there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

And..you could go watch it on rte player and find out for yourself..;)

But no there arent any massive success stories, I wouldnt even rate Tan Organic that you mentioned as one they are just overly hyped and mentioned in every second sentence by Gavin Duffy and gave away 45% of their business for his investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Can't think of many success stories myself right now...compared with the English one there are very few. Surf Seeds has done well though don't forget!

Wonder how Niall is doing with the Moo-shakes crew or whatever they are called. They have a place on Dame st, anyone know how they are doing?

Really looking forward to the new series though, love Dragon's Den. Be very interesting to see who the new Dragons are!

:D Fair point mate!
    I think the big thing with Tan Organics was they hit a million in sales - however this was retail sales value not their actual sales which could have been 40-50% of that.
    Axwell wrote: »
    And..you could go watch it on rte player and find out for yourself..;)

But no there arent any massive success stories, I wouldnt even rate Tan Organic that you mentioned as one they are just overly hyped and mentioned in every second sentence by Gavin Duffy and gave away 45% of their business for his investment.

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the new series though, love Dragon's Den. Be very interesting to see who the new Dragons are!

Given Sean G claimed he had a salary of €12k and most of the tv investments do not materialise I reckon someone from this forum could land the job if they really wanted it!:)

Do the dragons get paid? In the UK they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

At least now they've a chance to redo the title sequence - the 5 of them walking along the road was hilarious - they all walked like some form of robots, you could tell they weren't comfortable shooting the scene, made it look embarassing IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Colours

Also heard that the new woman from last years series, her name eludes me now, isn't returning either. Leaves

Are you thinking of Sarah Newman? She was in the news recently because she's being chased for millions of euro from failed property investments.

http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk/news/9024359.Judge_on_Ireland___s_Dragon___s_Den____owes_millions_to_Irish_bank___/

Colours wrote: »
    Are you thinking of Sarah Newman? She was in the news recently because she's being chased for millions of euro from failed property investments.

http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk/news/9024359.Judge_on_Ireland___s_Dragon___s_Den____owes_millions_to_Irish_bank___/

No not her...don't think she ever invested a cent!! Definitely wasn't a fan of her.

It's Norah Casey - the publishing CEO.

I think Newman was always looking for a business that had global potential.

This was her reasoning for saying I'm out in a lot of cases - in the end she invested in <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

Chet Zar wrote: »
    No not her...don't think she ever invested a cent!! Definitely wasn't a fan of her.

It's Norah Casey - the publishing CEO.

Her Husband died recently, wouldn't be surprised if she didn't return, I liked her on the show, don't know what it was about Sarah, but never took to her.

J.Ryan wrote: »
    Her Husband died recently, wouldn't be surprised if she didn't return, I liked her on the show, don't know what it was about Sarah, but never took to her.

Yeah she was cold as ice! While Norah is definitely astute and not to be toyed with, she manages to be warm at the same time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement