Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8GB SD Card - Best Value in town?

Options
  • 03-11-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    I'm off on my travels next week, so buying online isin't an option.

Can anyone advise where in Galway would I not get fleeced to buy an 8GB (or 4gb, or 16GB for that matter) SD Card?

Or if any boardsies have one lying about i'll obviously to pay a reasonable price to buy it from you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Actually, as it' a Canon G12 i'll be lobbing it into, it'll take any of the following: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HCMMCplus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Have a look in Easons, Maplin or PC-World.

Check to see if your camera has a maximum card size; I know that with some Nikon SLRs you're advised only to use a 4gb card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks for the info Fey, will check-out max size online.

I actually came accross a 4GB SDHC here so that'll do me worst case scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Agos, link to SD cards here.

Out of interest how do you find the G12?

cheers,
    Pa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Would you not wait until you get to the airport and go to dixons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Dixons is the same as Currys and PC-World, and the staff in the one in the airport are, in my experience, worse than useless. That goes double for their manager there.

I hadn't thought of Argos.

JC; if you're doing video with the camera have a look at the cards with the writing rate on them (15/30/45 mb/s). They're (in theory) supposed to be better for video.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You're better off looking online for the best prices. http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=sd+cards

I bought a 16gb card from them. I use play.com a lot they are reliable and I always get what I order in 3 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Tesco usually have them cheap. Think my 2GB SD card from them was around €7, but I can't remember if that was the normal price or an offer. They're over in the bit that used to be the toyshop, behind the counter.

Advertisement