Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Customer Service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

groom wrote: »
    I'm not particularly dissatisfied with Tesco. Just attracted by the latest Meteor offer

Interesting. I was looking at Tesco bill tariffs and they seem to be a way better deal than Meteor, whom I've been with for the past ten years.

I haven't heard anything bad about Tesco yet so that's why I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Dionysus wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything bad about Tesco yet so that's why I'm asking.

How about that their download speed is currently capped by O2 at around 1.5 Mb/sec ?

long_b wrote: »
    How about that their download speed is currently capped by O2 at around 1.5 Mb/sec ?

Never knew that. Thanks. What's the current Meteor cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dionysus wrote: »
    Never knew that. Thanks. What's the current Meteor cap?

Nothing. Depends on the area, signal and the amount of users in the area. I get average speeds of 2-4mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Yeah data speeds are the biggest drawback with Tesco. Meteor is much better.
    Just did a speed test there on Tesco and got Ping-318ms 0.30Mbps up & 0.37Mbps up. In Dublin4

Tesco tariffs are good if you're a very light user like me. €10 (+€10 bonus) generally gets me all the calls/texts I need per month and out of that I can also pay for my data bundle which is generous

But I'm looking at the €15 Meteor offer for 200 calls/200 texts 1Gb with decent data speeds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I am Meteor Bill Pay.

My MONTHLY BILL says "Any questions? Ring 1905"

I rang this numerous times (I'd estimate 6 times last week) and it was Pay As You Go customer support, stayed on hold for over ten minutes each time and it just automatically hung up.

Meteor: Go **** yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,223 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

FFS, there now passing the calls over to eircom. Who's in charge, sooty or sweep would do a better job of running the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I used to think three was horrible.

Id take three's customer care any day now :)

Atleast their polite and helpful as far as their allowed to be. Waiting times are nearly non existent for them as well. Too bad that they dont have good coverage in my area and internet speeds with them in my area are crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Their 1800 dealer support number appears to be going nowhere today...no human at the end of it neither in Dublin Cork nor Waterford.

This call centre transition is a disaster for them.

I rang the 1905 number today and got through to customer service in a couple of minutes and found out what I needed to know in about 5 minutes. Was I just really lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

groom wrote: »
    I rang the 1905 number today and got through to customer service in a couple of minutes and found out what I needed to know in about 5 minutes. Was I just really lucky?

Come with me down the newsagents - we're going buying lottery tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Their 1800 dealer support number appears to be going nowhere today...no human at the end of it neither in Dublin Cork nor Waterford.

This call centre transition is a disaster for them.

You must work in a retail store. The line is working fine.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sure I got disconnected after being on hold to eMobile (same Cust care) for over 1 hour and 20 minutes!

antodeco wrote: »
    Sure I got disconnected after being on hold to eMobile (same Cust care) for over 1 hour and 20 minutes!

Join the club

long_b wrote: »
    Come with me down the newsagents - we're going buying lottery tickets

I'm considering moving back to take up a new sim only contract. I had a couple of questions to ask so made 2 separate calls again this morning to this # 1890 808 585. Got talking to a human without waiting and a minimum of menus. Sounds like it might have been a shared eMobile line.

Maybe their issues are sorted now because I've made 3 calls to them in last couple of days and gotten thru without delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

It all depends on your spend how fast the call is answered, I don't know the criteria behind it but if you spend €xxx a month expect your call to be answered within 30 secs or more if more high spend customers are calling.

If your not spending xxx your Meteor or eMobile call defaults back to it's respective Post or Pre queue, so the more high spend calls offered the longer the average Joe waits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Rang there and got through after 1 minute :pac:

It all depends on your spend how fast the call is answered, I don't know the criteria behind it but if you spend €xxx a month expect your call to be answered within 30 secs or more if more high spend customers are calling.

If your not spending xxx your Meteor or eMobile call defaults back to it's respective Post or Pre queue, so the more high spend calls offered the longer the average Joe waits.

I'm not a Meteor customer at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I used to think three was horrible.

Id take three's customer care any day now :)

Atleast their polite and helpful as far as their allowed to be. Waiting times are nearly non existent for them as well. Too bad that they dont have good coverage in my area and internet speeds with them in my area are crap.

I've temporarily moved to Meteor (as I had had enough of 3). Seems a bit like out of the frying pan into the fire.

I've been averaging 10 minutes to get through, that is, if the line doesn't drop.

I put a few calls through to query my plan and was greeted with gruffness and a clear lack of knowledge on something they should be able to reel off with little bother.

The girl at the other end really didn't know what she was talking about and had to be cozened into giving some kind of answer to my questions.

There was lots of long pauses and unsureness and then a delayed yes or no.

So basically all she really could tell me was that if I go over my allocated minutes I'd be charged on top of my bill and if I didn't I wouldn't. Well done! I kind of wanted a little bit more than that. She started to get annoyed when I asked about pro rata charges because she wasn't so well versed in explaining that. So I had to leave it, and left the line none the wiser for it.

And gruffness in some kind of midlands (?) accent is intimidating:pac:

I'm not sure I'll stay on this network for too long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

du Maurier wrote: »
    And gruffness in some kind of midlands (?) accent is intimidating:pac:

I'm not sure I'll stay on this network for too long.
    Waterford most likely and they have lost the contract to handle customer care as from end 2011. If you get a Cork accent that is the new call centre and at least they will sound more cheerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I kid you not but I was on hold for 1 hour 34 mins!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

desperate customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

culline wrote: »
    desperate customer service

their forum is useless too you can be waiting weeks for a reply if any.

Advertisement