Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please tell me this isn't true

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So the GF just texted saying that she heard on the radio that the 4 lights in the courtyard are closing down?

This can't be true! can it? after all they have Cavern, Voodoo, McGinleys all down that way and thats bound to fill it nearly every night.

And more inportantly it'll mean I'll have to nearly walk to Tesco to get a Chicken Fillet burger. Anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

well they have builders working in there at the minute, down the stairs & it looks like they are renovating, so id doubt they would be doing that if they are closing down???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Thats what i was thinking, i walked past it yesterday and there was people working in there but there was people in eating too.

I hope she heard it wrong, you know typical woman never listening and thinking about shoes and washing all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

The workers are downstairs in the Courtyard Cafe. I wouldn't believe the 4 Lights is closing down unless I heard it for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i severely doubt it. That place is a goldmine, much busier than the one on the port road.
    jesus i'm salivating at the thought of a dinner box.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

I see Subs (same owners) has closed on Main Street.

Maybe she's misheard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Technique wrote: »

Maybe she's misheard?

That's what it is yeah, they are closing down Subs... but incorporating them into the 4 lanterns restaurants, thats what the renovations are about ;)

Technique wrote: »

Maybe she's misheard?

well they say that they are moving that to courtyard, they had a tiny wee sub place in there recently

personally i cant see the attraction with 4 lanterns .. dont think there up to much tbh

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    personally i cant see the attraction with 4 lanterns .. dont think there up to much tbh

mmmm but the chicken fillet the size of your fist, the snack boxes so greasy that you can see through the cardboard when you are done

dammit hungry now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Expect an angry mob at your door, with pitch forkes and rags burning on sticks later tonight :P

Its a local delicacy... after a night out / after a long day away somewhere its "hard to bate the 4 lights" :D Think on it like square sausage, or deep fried mars bars, I think they are disgusting but to the locals they are lovely!

Anyway, not closing I was talking to someone at the weekend who is going in to finish some work in there shortly, unless there was a drastic change since the weekend of course, but I think its a case of crossed wires Dannie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Ekk blasphemy :eek:

Expect an angry mob at your door, with pitch forkes and rags burning on sticks later tonight :P

Its a local delicacy... after a night out / after a long day away somewhere its "hard to bate the 4 lights" :D Think on it like square sausage, or deep fried mars bars, I think they are disgusting but to the locals they are lovely!

Anyway, not closing I was talking to someone at the weekend who is going in to finish some work in there shortly, unless there was a drastic change since the weekend of course, but I think its a case of crossed wires Dannie.

Blame R na G! the whole family heard it on radio, although maybe Irish is a made up language and nobody really knows what what means

Its a local delicacy... after a night out / after a long day away somewhere its "hard to bate the 4 lights" :DThink on it like square sausage, or deep fried mars bars, I think they are disgusting but to the locals they are lovely!

haha you anti- glasgow racist :)
    i havent tried a deep-fried mars bar but i did try one of these bad boys - http://news.sky.com/home/article/13184397 1000 calories lol!!!

& to be fair to the 4 lights ive only tried a few diffrent meals from there so maybe ill give them another go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I have had a deep-fried battered Mars Bar, needed a shower after it!

4 lights is amazing but for my chicken meals Hillbillies all the way.

Otherwise it's Big 4, cheese only meal in the 4 lights, unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Dannie showed me the way of the 4 lights a few weeks ago. Not a bit of food in me all day, just 10 pints or so and a craving for chicken, let's just say it's a snack box I'll never forget!! Om nom nom nom :D

woops better stay on topic...

Good to hear it's not closing, will probably be in over the week end :)

Advertisement