Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband slowed down

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Could an eircom rep please check why my broadband has slowed down over the last 2-3 days, haven't downloaded or saved any big files on the laptop so it's not the problem, I'll PM the number on request.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

royaler83 wrote: »
    Could an eircom rep please check why my broadband has slowed down over the last 2-3 days, haven't downloaded or saved any big files on the laptop so it's not the problem, I'll PM the number on request.

Thanks

Hi royaler83
    yes no problem, PM me the details and I wil check this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

PM sent

Hi royaler83
    thanks, have PM'd you back.
    Let me know what you decide.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

Hey Tony/Eircom rep,

Back again after two months.

The line has slowed down this last few days again for no reason. Also connection is dropping more often but this is usually just the filter which has to be changed every so often.

Is there a problem with the line by any chance because going by the eircom speed test the download speed is a ridiculous 0.2Mb despite the fact that we are paying for 3Mb. It was fine last week.

Can you please look into it for me, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thank you for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

I have checked your broadband with Technical Support. They advise that you last reported a fault to them in June last year. An Adsl Splitter /filter(s) was replaced in a bid to help your phone disconnecting. At the time, it was advised that your broadband was in an amber region, or your premises was 2.5KM or over from the local exchange. In your own case I the distance might even be considerably further. This will have a major impact on your ability to avail of higher broadband speeds.

ADSL itself is rate adaptive technology, which means that your broadband connection speed is governed by the distance from your premises to the exchange.. (or what your broadband connection pre-qualifies for). In your own case, your broadband pre-qualifies for 1Mb Max.

That said, you are currently setup on 2Mb. Your broadband sync is obviously showing up as having quite low attainables. This has led to your broadband experiencing what is called high intermittent sync or intermittent connections, according to Technical Support.

Technical Support have advised that the best way to resolve this is to drop your line speed from it's current 2Mb to the more suitable 1Mb connection /or what your broadband currently pre-qualifies for. To do this you should contact Broadband Sales - 1800 503303.

This will mean that your call package would be reduced and Sales will be able to advise you on this reduction.

Alternatively, please call directly into Broadband Support below :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hey Tony/Eircom rep,

Back again after two months.

The line has slowed down this last few days again for no reason. Also connection is dropping more often but this is usually just the filter which has to be changed every so often.

Is there a problem with the line by any chance because going by the eircom speed test the download speed is a ridiculous 0.2Mb despite the fact that we are paying for 3Mb. It was fine last week.

Can you please look into it for me, cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement