Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Saddles/Bib Shorts Recommendations

Options
  • 03-11-2011 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for comfy womens saddles for a road bike and also good bib shorts?

Saddle I have now is not the most comfortable (understatement of the year!) and I've had the bike for 3 months now so I don't think it's a matter of just getting used to it!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Only saw this now.

You could also have a search in the cycling forum (maybe you have), I think this was mentioned there before. I have had the same problem and have tried 5 different saddles, including an ism which another girl swore to me would be wonderful. I went back to my original saddle as the best of the lot. What I did do was tip the nose down slightly to take pressure off the soft tissue where it was hurting most, it means my weight is more on my sit bones. So far it hasnt hindered my cycling and the chap that takes my turbo class reckoned the position was good.

For me, thicker shorts were not best. In fact a trisuit with just a chamois has been more comfortable than very thick pearl izumi shorts. And having no underwear helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

I got one of these (it was on sale for about €60 on CRC a few months ago) and I find it fantastic:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/selle-italia-diva-gel-flow-ladies-saddle/

Advertisement