Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16-week blowdry experiences

• 03-11-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi there,
    I got the 16-week blowdry done in Dublin recently and I was very disappointed with the results. The salon did it a second time but my hair is still as frizzy as ever.:( Has anybody else tried it - and did it work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I know two people who got it done and both were pretty unhappy with the results. The first girl has pretty short hair and the bits at the front stayed straigt but was very flat and the rest just fuzzed up after a couple of days. The second girls hair just stayed straight for a few days and went back to normal after a couple of washes(wavy). They both said that it made their hair really silky though but I suposse that is down to the keratin that is used for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

If this is similar to the 12 week blow-dray, I had that done and was very unhappy. My hair was almost back to normal after the first wash. It was completely back to its usual frizzy self after the second wash. And I stuck religiously to that special shampoo they make you buy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got it done. Think it's a bit of a waste of money. I saw results but I don't think they were worth the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ugg

The second attempt came out better than the first - but that's because the first didn't work at all. Saying that, I still need to use a hair straightener and the usual frizzy halo springs up as soon as I step outside. According to the salon, I'm their only unhappy customer and they suggested that my expectations might have been too high. After six hours sitting in a hairdresser's chair I'm still a frizzball - and a poorer one at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

Wouldn't bother with it tbh, I've heard alot of bad reports about it only lasting two washes etc.
    Waiting for a trip to Portugal in a few weeks where they have no problem doing the original real 12 week blowdry, chemicals and all. Shocker!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement