Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

What do you all think of reintroducing a sire to a bloodline after 4 generations? Keep the line tight or don’t go there....

Hed want to be fairly faultless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

tanko wrote: »
    Theres a lad from Clare on Donedeal t/a Bullbank selling FZF (Mereside Favori) straws for €12, used him a few years ago and think hes a serious bull, a bit harder calved than average tho.
    Anyone dealt with him?

Ya he's a1, no bs. The others mentioned previously you'd want to keep your wits about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

4 generations is plenty of a gap. I wouldn’t have any fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Invalid user

4 generations is plenty of a gap. I wouldn’t have any fears.

But is it good to reintroduce do you think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Who2

But is it good to reintroduce do you think?!

No. If your asking the question it should be enough to put you off. There’s loads of good bulls out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

This lady was born with a lovely long coat of golden hair. She has completely transformed into a poor heifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Handy little KDU x lim cow, ZGM heifer calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Handy little KDU x lim cow, ZGM heifer calf.

Who you think of ZGM? Did you use much of him and what price is he?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Who you think of ZGM? Did you use much of him and what price is he?

Thats the only calf off him here so far, have seen a few on neighbours farms, calves seem to have lots of muscle and shape. Easy calved on cows, have seen him used on heifers too.
    I reckon hes a super terrminal bull, straws were €8 i think, but a royalty of €37 for pedigree calves. Im going to use him more next year.

Thats the only calf off him here so far, have seen a few on neighbours farms, calves seem to have lots of muscle and shape. Easy calved on cows, have seen him used on heifers too.
    I reckon hes a super terrminal bull, straws were €8 i think, but a royalty of €37 for pedigree calves. Im going to use him more next year.

I was hoping to get some straws . Thanks for that. I've seen some very good PM Lims in Roscrea by him.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

I was hoping to get some straws . Thanks for that. I've seen some very good PM Lims in Roscrea by him.

Bova have a son of Gamin called Bova Kaiser in Ai also, has serious figures, looks a bigger bull and maybe a bit harder calved.

Anyone use bovas lim bull called loyal?Easy calved with reliability. Have a few heifers to bull.

Putting umpire on a few and I was thinking about using lodge hamlet. Iv seen some lovely stock after hamlet but he can leave them a touch small. Would lord be better? For pedigrees.

Any pedigree lads here use sympa much? Will he leave as good a cow behind him as he's made out to?

Anyone use bovas lim bull called loyal?Easy calved with reliability. Have a few heifers to bull.

Putting umpire on a few and I was thinking about using lodge hamlet. Iv seen some lovely stock after hamlet but he can leave them a touch small. Would lord be better? For pedigrees.

Any pedigree lads here use sympa much? Will he leave as good a cow behind him as he's made out to?

I have one PB heifer in-calf to Hamlet. She's a bit tall and leggy so hoping the cross will work well.
    Also have a Sympa cow. She's a bit on the small side but very muscley. Lovely temperment and a bit short of milk. Fantastic figures and lots of good back breeding. Have one ZAG heifer from her, a young calf. Expect her to be small too but she has the stars. That sympa cow is back in calf to Bavardage so fingers crossed for a heifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭High bike

I have one PB heifer in-calf to Hamlet. She's a bit tall and leggy so hoping the cross will work well.
    Also have a Sympa cow. She's a bit on the small side but very muscley. Lovely temperment and a bit short of milk. Fantastic figures and lots of good back breeding. Have one ZAG heifer from her, a young calf. Expect her to be small too but she has the stars. That sympa cow is back in calf to Bavardage so fingers crossed for a heifer.
    you got the agb straw after Patsy, from Munster??

High bike wrote: »
    you got the agb straw after Patsy, from Munster??
    I had it left over from last year. Must try Munster again to see of they have any.;)

What are your heifers like?
    Was talkimg to a lad about pb limos and he said he uses only uk and french straws and that the irish bulls arent of the same quality. He mentioned hamlet as one he used. He would have good stock

What are your heifers like?
    Was talkimg to a lad about pb limos and he said he uses only uk and french straws and that the irish bulls arent of the same quality. He mentioned hamlet as one he used. He would have good stock

Good stock, going back to English breeding, foreman, vantastic, Alfy etc. Would have muscle but not extram. Only learning lim breeding tbh and getting into them. English and French bulls seem miles ahead of Irish bulls.

Good stock, going back to English breeding, foreman, vantastic, Alfy etc. Would have muscle but not extram. Only learning lim breeding tbh and getting into them. English and French bulls seem miles ahead of Irish bulls.

There are no Irish bulls as such. Nearly all bulls bred in this country are by either UK or French bulls. The problem with the UK bulls, unlike the French is they are never tested. Vantastic you mention above is in the bottom 1% for both milk and calving. Why would you want genetics like that in your herd?.....and still his progeny won nearly every prize in every show in the last few years.
    I'm only learning myself but I heard a saying recently about breeding and this is "breed good heifers and the bulls will take care of themselves".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Did many here use CH2066 Derryolam Impeccable
    What did you think?

Liked the look of him but didn’t get a chance to use him.
    See Eurogene have a brother

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johndoe97

Did many here use CH2066 Derryolam Impeccable
    What did you think?

Liked the look of him but didn’t get a chance to use him.
    See Eurogene have a brother

Have one heifer out off him super quality cattle and cow was able to calve herself, unfortunately he seems to be gone though heard he had very poor quality semen.

Just wondering have any of ye had calves off the PG bull First? Had a PBR CH heifer calve this year and she was very tight and resulted in C Section, First has an easy calving rating and huge figures stars wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

johndoe97 wrote: »
    Have one heifer out off him super quality cattle and cow was able to calve herself, unfortunately he seems to be gone though heard he had very poor quality semen.

Eurogene have added a full brother
    I’ll give him a go

Malibu cow out of CF85 cow.

Bolide heifer. Very disappointed. She was a smasher when born. Lovely long golden hair and nice hip but now she's a yolk.

ZAG from Germinal heifer. Vet had to bring him

You're in the wrong thread;). Fine stock. Love the type of cows in the furst picture

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

You're in the wrong thread;). Fine stock. Love the type of cows in the furst picture

Never mind the cattle, I'm just looking at the grass.

Love the type of cows in the furst picture

Me too. Medium size soft fleshing cow. What Charlaois bull would you try on her?

Theres a lad from Clare on Donedeal t/a Bullbank selling FZF (Mereside Favori) straws for €12, used him a few years ago and think hes a serious bull, a bit harder calved than average tho.
    Anyone dealt with him?

I see this guy has a website now. Advertised on Donedeal.
    https://bullbank.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Gamin cow - glorieux calf..... Of course she didn't go back in calf. FML as the kids say

• Advertisement

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Gamin cow - glorieux calf..... Of course she didn't go back in calf. FML as the kids say

What you think of Glorieux? I've a purebred cow due to him in 2 weeks. Hoping to add a bit of size and improve docility.

Advertisement