Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Had a smashing Lm cow in bulling yesterday gave her kaprico eravelle S2106 fingers crossed she keeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MeheeHohee

Are Kaprico Ervelle straws still available, tried WWS last year but they were only selling as park of a pack, wouldn't sell Ervelle individually

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SuperTeeJay

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Anyone here with parthenaise cows? What breeds cross well with them? Limousin?? Blue??

Pt cow off a rocky cow with her zsd blue calf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

What about CWI?
    Had a smashing lovely CVV heifer off a BBxHO cow once
    Cwi are tall, often used him on 30 month heifers,
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oq1un5tpzunejta/AADsGZQ8n7w-cAV82DD-K40Fa?dl=0
    2 cwi cows and their calves

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=1759

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Using Glacon on a young enough BB heifer this evening. Should be an interesting cross. Better than the CH bull who's whinging & making lovey dovey eyes at her over the hedge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

annubis wrote:
    Have 4 or 5 pt x cows. They all get ch. sometime they bring dirty color. Sometimes they come goldy ch color

Hi have you any pics of the dirty colour the bring with CH. We have a few PTx Heifers here for first time in calf to a Limousin bull but long term looking a breeding CH with them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

MeheeHohee wrote: »
    Are Kaprico Ervelle straws still available, tried WWS last year but they were only selling as park of a pack, wouldn't sell Ervelle individually

Most of the Tomschoice bulls Lm2116, Lm2117 etc are all by KAPRICO ERAVELLE.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Thanks
    There’s a few medium to small cows, he could be an option for replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Lad they're a credit to ye.

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Anyone here with parthenaise cows? What breeds cross well with them? Limousin?? Blue??
    Vulain cow with a March Loki charolais heifer.Throws that colour calf every year.

• Advertisement

Someone asked about Norman Inventor LM4151 before. This is my Iventor cow with yearling Commander heifer behind her and Gamin bull calf at her head.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭High bike

Someone asked about Norman Inventor LM4151 before. This is my Iventor cow with yearling Commander heifer behind her and Gamin bull calf at her head.
    that heifer is a beauty Patsy,nice length and shape to her will u breed her?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭squinn2912

pure breed wrote: »
    Hi have you any pics of the dirty colour the bring with CH. We have a few PTx Heifers here for first time in calf to a Limousin bull but long term looking a breeding CH with them. Thanks

There’s a lim calf off pt cow we have. Very happy with her she rears a good calf every year

High bike wrote: »
    that heifer is a beauty Patsy,nice length and shape to her will u breed her?

Thanks. She really came on the last couple of months. Hope to breed her, maybe at the end of the year. No harm have a bit of size when they are that muscley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Thanks. She really came on the last couple of months. Hope to breed her, maybe at the end of the year. No harm have a bit of size when they are that muscley.

+1 growthy heifers fine at 24 months, shell be a fine springer autumn next year

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Had a fifty cent heifer born March 2019 weighed her yesterday 558kg big growthy heifer. Her mother has more milk than most friesians. A. I d the heifer to zag last week so fingers crossed she holds. On the other end of the scale I have a heifer 20 months old a granddaughter of zag 100 kgs lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭tanko

You’d want plenty of muscle and shape in a heifer/cow to be using fifty cent on.
    He breeds very average cattle with bad ends off plain animals.
    I wouldn’t be a fan of him anyway, Sunnyboy was a far better bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

tanko wrote: »
    You’d want plenty of muscle and shape in a heifer/cow to be using fifty cent on.

Is it hard to get sunny boy straws still. I think I've one in a neighbours tank.

Used 5 straws of 50 cent.3 bulls 2 heifers.The 3 bulls were the poorest weanlings for conformation I've ever had.All off really good musclly lim cows.Never again.

Used 5 straws of 50 cent.3 bulls 2 heifers.The 3 bulls were the poorest weanlings for conformation I've ever had.All off really good musclly lim cows.Never again.

Yep I’d agree with that very disappointed with the quality. What sim bull would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Yep I’d agree with that very disappointed with the quality. What sim bull would you recommend?

DERREEN JACK

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Totally agree regarding plain cattle however the plan is have the milk in the herd then add muscle. I've some cattle with good muscle and their calves could be 40 to 50 kg lighter at weaning. If this heifer has a calf with similar adg as she had and better muscle it would make for a quality animal.

essgee268 wrote: »
    DERREEN JACK

What’s he like for calving?

Used Derreen Declan here a bit, decent heifers but very plain bulls, easy calved but wouldn’t use him again.

I think Earp is a very good bull, not the milkiest but good muscle and shape to them, easy calved on cows.

What’s he like for calving?

Used Derreen Declan here a bit, decent heifers but very plain bulls, easy calved but wouldn’t use him again.

I think Earp is a very good bull, not the milkiest but good muscle and shape to them, easy calved on cows.

Yea he looks good. Am I going mad? I’ve started to think that apostle isn’t the worst option out there. Swore I didn’t like him but have certainly seen worse.
    Any experience of Capone?

Have some great cows off hkg and Is4 here but think both are gone.Using Earp this year on a few so hopefully he's as good as reports say.

Yea he looks good. Am I going mad? I’ve started to think that apostle isn’t the worst option out there. Swore I didn’t like him but have certainly seen worse.
    Any experience of Capone?

Don’t know anything about Capone.
    I wouldn’t use that APZ yoke again if i was paid to, his daughters are a disaster for calving.

I’d try Earp if i was you before Apostle.

Have a few Frosty King calves this year, like the look of them so far, fairly big framed long calves with good shape but he’s easy calved on cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Neo Sanders

Curaheen gunshot twins born late Oct, about 400kg each now.

I've had good results from gunshot and cracker from dovea

Curaheen gunshot twins born late Oct, about 400kg each now.

I've had good results from gunshot and cracker from dovea

hopefully the pics are there now

• Advertisement

The poor cow, she must be well sick of them by now. She’s done a great job on them.
    What’s Gunshot like for calving?

Advertisement