Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

1230231232233234236»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭limo_100

here’s a few better pictures of the proper powerful calf. I think he’s the most stylish calf I have had in a while roughly 330kg

also March born Roy heifer 235kg Notting over stylish but there’s something nice about her hopefully she can be put in calf next year

omega heifer in the background I find that bull breeds some serious stock and very long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭148multi

I bred my first saler 3 years ago, Roy on a tiny aa x fr heifer. She had a bull in May ( left late to let her grow ) and got €1,250 for him in December same year. Have to say presently surprised how quiet the are with a very strong instinct to suck when born, lovely hairy cattle. 4

I'm very happy with them myself I remember when I had my first one I was shocking disappointed with this tiny little calf didn't think it would ever come into anything 😂 But they grow fast in fairness. The only issue is the bull calves are plain so if I had stronger heifers I would probably still go with lim over the sa. all four of my calves are quiet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Omallep2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Finishers don't like the Saler. Very hard to put fat cover on them.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I’ve had U grade saler bulls here over the past few years. I’d have sold them as weanlings. They were off Highfield Odhran, straws can’t be got anymore. I’ve a Odhran first calver here this year, she’s a grand thing, quiet and milky. I’d one straw left in the tank and put it into a shorthorn cow. Fingers crossed for a heifer calf in the spring.

Here is a Roy bull, out of a shapy heifer

BBit jumbled but you'll figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,285 ✭✭✭tanko

Highfield Odran was an incredible bull, if there was one bull of any breed that can’t be got any more i could get straws off it would be hiim. His calves had it all, serious shape to them and bred great cows.

Here are gunshot calves, black one is off a JR x aa,, red one off a monti.

You must be thinking of some one else, i’ve never said that Salers are great 😂😂😂

I probably asked you this before but have you tried Sligo Valentino yet, haven’t tried him here yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

I killed our beguin stock bull Monday r+2= 542 kg he was wicked long and been fed only a month.

Watched a good bit of mautys last night the calf I loved the most was a lm4745 erenville madison. She was wild so she was never going to win a prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Who2

no definitely you, Tanko it was something for heifers I was looking and they seem to work well. They have a better bone than the limo so suit the charolais bull better when you get cows.

both heifers calves the bull is the smallest of his batch his mother didn’t spoil him with milk but he’s in or around 350 kg. The heifer in the last picture is way nicer than she looks in the photo.

Lovely stock what age are they about and do you plan on keeping the heifers?

Sweet stock

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gudstock

Great stock, anymore pics of the roans?

those heifers are the ones I’m going to keep. They will be let run until two year old and then bulled. Most are around Christmas born, the salers are the earliest as I try calve heifers first. Then charolais started calving the last days of 23 on. The lad with the saler bull is mid January his mother is good to drive on a calf but lacks a touch of muscle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Got a BBX first calver that I'll need to put a straw into soon. Normally use ST but I'm out of straws for this year.

What should I be looking at putting on her?She is a good shaped animal but would not be overly long and I'd want something easy calving for her own sake and it's being part time.

Have a notion of CH but catalogue (AI Services) options seem to be WoodPark Paris and Greenall LaughOutLoud. They have 2 Cullards too - Grisly & Nippon.

For Lim there is more of a choice: Ampertaine Ifor LN2553,
    Carmorn Marty LN2726
    , Claragh Neymar LN2815
    , Lenagh Equaliser LN2271
    , Rahoney Umar LN0132
    , Slieve Pochettino &
    Ivantonov LN2886.

They have some nice British blue bulls, although I don't know the sire of this cow (bought in as a calf) and Lim & CH seem to be what the buyers want.

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t be taking any risks with a blue cross heifer, thinking about putting a Charolais on her is madness, the best and biggest calf i’ve ever seen born was a CH bull out of a Blue cross cow at a neighbours place, only problem was he developed rigor mortis during calving. I’d put the Saler on her anyway for her benefit and yours. The Limousin Ivantonov is supposed to be very easy calved if you’re set on a Limousin.

Have used the ch bull orbs on strong limo heifers over the last few years some of the smallest calves iv ever seen but I suppose it is still a risk. But on blue heifers I used sa mostly and lm on the stronger ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Not to much when they where born but Jesus they can make up for it later have only one heifer calf off him this year and she was a very small disappointing looking calf but she is a serious heifer now length muscle height she's a great animal I'm have tempted to keep her as a replacement she's was feb born and weighted 270kg last week il take a fresh picture during the week of her but this is her in June

Cracking calf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Got her done with Ivantanov. Hopefully, she holds now at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Baalbec10

Beguin(sa4059) x blonde 2nd calving cow with her march PPS heifer calf. Both 5 star. She calved at 24 months and no bother to her. Scanned back in calf to AFF carrying twin heifers.

same heifer just picture from today. Very impressed with him with orbi as a bull considering how easy they are calved. I’d be tempted to keep her now for the bull as opposed to selling her as a weanling

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Suckler farmer

Anyone know what Carrickmore Maximus is like for calving?

• Advertisement
Advertisement