Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

sonnybill wrote: »
    Sorry lads another Fiston heifer ... Some hoop on her ,

Jaysussss thats some muscle, she a blue mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

pure breed wrote: »

Is that typical of Giston or Do you need much muscle on the dams side?

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Lovely animal, are you happy with oni? Have 2 Bulls by him.
    One is a smasher, the other is avg. Both are off ampertaine brigadeer.
    What you think of ABI to breed replacements?
    Would you need lots of milk in dam?

GWO heifer here calving the end of the year.
    Doesn't seem to have much underneath yet but early days I hope.
    Anyone have any GWO heifers or cows calved?
    GWO 811.JPG

Had a couple of Bulls and one Heifer off Fiston nothing to compare to that beauty, Although ours were off Simental cows.
    Fiston Bull.JPG

• Advertisement

The euro stars are very low for ABI if you take any heed of them
    €39 for Replacement

Had a couple of Bulls and one Heifer off Fiston nothing to compare to that beauty, Although ours were off Simental cows.
    Fiston Bull.JPG

Nothing wrong with him
    Was talking to 2 farmers who used fiston, 1 had nice muscly calves the other plain, so I was wondering if cow made a big difference

The euro stars are very low for ABI if you take any heed of them
    €39 for Replacement
    Great pedigree with good stars, hear lots mention him well & I'd like to have a daughter in the herd, just wondering what cow type to suit

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I think FSZ is the real deal, has replacement index , milk etc that's her 2nd calf and she threw her out herself but she developed from there ..

sonnybill wrote: »
    I think FSZ is the real deal, has replacement index , milk etc that's her 2nd calf and she threw her out herself but she developed from there ..

Did she carry long?
    Sometimes short gestation mean smaller calves

• Advertisement

Mother is a black lim 2nd calver, OZS but 25% EDJ blue in there alright , she had a great black bull calf as a heifer last year too from AHZ

Did she carry long?
    Sometimes short gestation mean smaller calves

283 bang on! I've her mother and grandmother and even to Long gestation char and lim bulls they don't take any time with them .. It's a great trait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I have 2. One bought in. Breeds very well, but know nothing about her mother. The other is home bred out of an average milker. His stars are brutal but I have ordered more of his straws at a ?10 a pop. I will use him on high star cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

TPF2012 wrote: »
    XGL lim bull, is he any good, has good figures?

Yes i think hes one of the best bulls available at the minute. Great width and shape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭jfh

had a nice BEGUIN heifer calf from a bluexfr heifer. the picture on the bull catalogue wont sell many straws but thought i try one with such a high replacement index

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Future Farmer

jfh wrote: »
    had a nice BEGUIN heifer calf from a bluexfr heifer. the picture on the bull catalogue wont sell many straws but thought i try one with such a high replacement index

Throw up a pic there, picture looks brutal of him (in catalogue) but index looks mighty and have seen a few pedigrees that look alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Saw a pic of a bull of his on Facebook who looked alright, must see if I can find it. He's supposed to bring lots of height and length with Milk so good call on crossing him with something with Blue parentage, could be a cracking animal! Off a Charolais would be ideal too for that golden colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Saw a pic of a bull of his on Facebook who looked alright, must see if I can find it. He's supposed to bring lots of height and length with Milk so good call on crossing him with something with Blue parentage, could be a cracking animal! Off a Charolais would be ideal too for that golden colour.
    He's a May 2015 born bull and that pic was from April on the day he was being sold. Here's where I found them:
    https://www.facebook.com/GlenmoreSalers/posts/1147783098701694 
    420453.jpg
    420454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Last calf of the year, Earp bull.

If she repeats give her RGZ.....

She never repeated so KYA 9 weeks now .. She looking well and against all the rules of sucking she is having a year off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Litron cow. Stock bull calf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Anyone on this thread got any experience of Haltcliffe Underwriter? Assessing a stock bull and he's on the maternal side, Castleview Gringo on the paternal side. Looks very good but I'd like any insights. Thanks.

'Boze most of yee have seen this link. McGee suckler herd https://youtu.be/4rGBkQ1zYhw

Pidae.m wrote: »
    'Boze most of yee have seen this link. McGee suckler herd https://youtu.be/4rGBkQ1zYhw

Those cows are monsters! Where is that farm

squinn2912 wrote: »

Not certain but think it might be near Athlone. Some set up.

tanko wrote: »

Not certain but think it might be near Athlone. Some set up.

Right! We were talking about a weekend in athlone today maybe call in and learn how to do it. Those cattle look like they'd drive the tractor for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Right! We were talking about a weekend in athlone today maybe call in and learn how to do it. Those cattle look like they'd drive the tractor for you!

Glasson near athlonr

Think there was an open day there in the last year or two but couldn't make it.

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    Think there was an open day there in the last year or two but couldn't make it.

I need to bother to read the journal for these things. Anybody for Tullamore on tuesday?

Advertisement