Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭The Real Elmer Fudd

No pic, try agin

Sorry the pic size was two big

LSP 14mth old heifer out of a fleckvieh cow. She’s incalf to eby and will be calving March at 23 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Very nice. Very feminine. Still has plenty of power in her shoulders. She'll make a cracking cow. Best of luck with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

LSP 14mth old heifer out of a fleckvieh cow. She’s incalf to eby and will be calving March at 23 months

14 months when the picture was taken.? Have a nice cwi heifer calving at 2 here to eby aswell

14 months when the picture was taken.? Have a nice cwi heifer calving at 2 here to eby aswell

She was about 14 mths when the picture was taken. Have a had few eby calves and pretty happy with them so far.

The pic’s below is another ch heifer out of a fleckvieh cow. She’s out of FGG and is about 16mths in the pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Stunner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Those are great thick heifers. The fleck cow seems to cross very well with the ch bull. Great big framey sturdy heifers. I thought the fleck breeding would be more narrow than that

She was about 14 mths when the picture was taken. Have a had few eby calves and pretty happy with them so far.

The pic’s below is another ch heifer out of a fleckvieh cow. She’s out of FGG and is about 16mths in the pic

Fgg has nice stock not exceptional though. A solid bull for 2ndcalvers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

2 fiston bulls. 1 week old.
    Had another fiston today not as impressive. Will upload pic tomorr

Fgg has nice stock not exceptional though. A solid bull for 2ndcalvers

Funny you should say that, that heifer was out of a second calver

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Those are great thick heifers. The fleck cow seems to cross very well with the ch bull. Great big framey sturdy heifers. I thought the fleck breeding would be more narrow than that

Not at all. I have 5 of them as sucklers. 1 it then could be a little on the narrow size. I bought them as drop calves but obviously they weren’t selling their milkiest heifers. I’d image the more extreme you get with milk the less beefier they are. Few pics of some of them below. The last pic is of them as heifers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

squinn2912 wrote: »

Not at all. I have 5 of them as sucklers. 1 it then could be a little on the narrow size. I bought them as drop calves but obviously they weren’t selling their milkiest heifers. I’d image the more extreme you get with milk the less beefier they are. Few pics of some of them below. The last pic is of them as heifers.
    Fine cattle especially for reared on bucket. I've seen about 5 in the mart here the last year all black and white fr types very few in this area. They're putting up lovely muscly calves for you

One for the lim lads. What bull would you use on sim cows as a good cross for cow makers? Would keep a few but would sell some as replacements so I want nice ones I can stand over. I like the look of CWI but I don know much about lims.

UPI, CWI, ZXT

Cwi heifer out of sim cow . pic taken about a week before she calved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

One for the lim lads. What bull would you use on sim cows as a good cross for cow makers? Would keep a few but would sell some as replacements so I want nice ones I can stand over. I like the look of CWI but I don know much about lims.

UPI, CWI, ZXT
    What about ABI?

UPI, CWI, ZXT

Have you looked at LM2014 €133 replacement €158 terminal and 5.5% calving difficultly. I have a few calves out of him this year and I’m very happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

UPI, CWI, ZXT

CWI would be the most proven of the lot. UPI is used a lot in pedigree circles so maybe not as well proven, but I have seen a lot of very good pedigree cattle by him. Where did you get his straws, by the way?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Were they purebred fleckviehs?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Were they purebred fleckviehs?

They are supposed to be pure bred, the cards say SI as opposed to SIX but I don’t have any papers to prove that they are. I’m very happy with them regardless and the heifers I’m breeding off them which was my ultimate goal with them

They are supposed to be pure bred, the cards say SI as opposed to SIX but I don’t have any papers to prove that they are. I’m very happy with them regardless and the heifers I’m breeding off them which was my ultimate goal with them

We had cow lm on card and cf52 on icbf :rolleyes: and it was the father who registered her :)

We had cow lm on card and cf52 on icbf :rolleyes: and it was the father who registered her :)

Unfortunately I don’t have any back breeding for them on ICBF either as they came from Germany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Unfortunately I don’t have any back breeding for them on ICBF either as they came from Germany

Any harm ta ask ya what they cost as calves? What age were they when you bought them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Who2

Any harm ta ask ya what they cost as calves? What age were they when you bought them?

380-500 if they were from the same crowd I priced back when there was a heap brought in. A neighbor bought a few as well and they all bred fairly well for him. I know another lad who bought a lot but ended up with a good share of free Martins.

Who2 wrote: »
    380-500 if they were from the same crowd I priced back when there was a heap brought in. A neighbor bought a few as well and they all bred fairly well for him. I know another lad who bought a lot but ended up with a good share of free Martins.

They are the very ones. I got three the first year and 2 the second. From memory they where about €480 each and about 6-8 weeks old when I got them. Reality is they where dear the first day but not in the long run. I have extremely quiet cows that will inject milk into the herd for generations to come. Plus they where a side project for my young son to get involved with rearing them.

Ya can’t beat cheap weight gain on grass and milk. My bull weanlings averaged 400kgs at 7 to 8 months last year. All they got all year was grass and milk. The only meal they got was 3kgs per head per day of weanling ration for 6 weeks after weaning. I put it down to the milk.

CWI would be the most proven of the lot. UPI is used a lot in pedigree circles so maybe not as well proven, but I have seen a lot of very good pedigree cattle by him. Where did you get his straws, by the way?

Ya I might stick with CWI, regards UPI, I know a lad in the U.K. 😄

Have you looked at LM2014 €133 replacement €158 terminal and 5.5% calving difficultly. I have a few calves out of him this year and I’m very happy with them

He looks well to be fair too.

What about ABI?

Nice breeding in him but his stars aren't too good. Might be hard to sell a heifer after him.

He looks well to be fair too.

Few pictures of LM2014 calves from this year
    433419.jpeg

They are smashing stock, he puts plenty of muscle on his calves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone using SPL from Progressive Genetics?
    Good replacement index 117 and the bull calves she's giving are great little bucks, very stocky and lively.
    Easing calving too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

I'm after recording an A.I service to the wrong cow on herdplus, is there any way to delete it?

Advertisement