Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

From looking at Torinos Figures ( sorry no pers experience ) he looks great for breeding Replacement Char heifers. Unusual to get an easy calving Charolais with hi Terminal figures & with milk all in one package as with Torino.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GoodMan55985

Are there any straws of Pistil (pxt) and Enfield Plexus (pxu) left. Had great cattle out of these and was looking to get more if possible. Maybe bogmanbass or the other experts might know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Are there any straws of Pistil (pxt) and Enfield Plexus (pxu) left. Had great cattle out of these and was looking to get more if possible. Maybe bogmanbass or the other experts might know. Thanks

not that much Pistil came in to start with. should stil be a bit of PXU about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Anyone know much about an old ch bull called Harakiri? Uncle has a few left said I could have them as he's not farming anymore. He used to breed pedigree ch. he said that he was a good cow maker. Doesn't rate very well on icbf but allot of the old bulls don't as the info wasn't collected then like now. Also has 3/4 Jupiter straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Anyone know much about an old ch bull called Harakiri? Uncle has a few left said I could have them as he's not farming anymore. He used to breed pedigree ch. he said that he was a good cow maker. Doesn't rate very well on icbf but allot of the old bulls don't as the info wasn't collected then like now. Also has 3/4 Jupiter straws.

Hara Kiri (HKI) was the bees knees at the time. I think he was the sire of another good AI bull, but can't remember the name.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hara Kiri (HKI) was the bees knees at the time. I think he was the sire of another good AI bull, but can't remember the name.

Hwn hollowtree nicholas
    Jupiter breeds nice cows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

We used him here a good bull IMO
    Stick them up on done deal and see what happens.

Hwn hollowtree nicholas
    Jupiter breeds nice cows

That's it, HWN. I used him when doing AI on the sucklers. He bred nice stock. I thought it was CF85.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

grassroot1 wrote: »
    We used him here a good bull IMO
    Stick them up on done deal and see what happens.

I might hold onto him if he's worth using. Thinking of buying a pedigree ch at the back end or a cow in a dispercil sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Did I hear right that Ulsan is gone? Still straws around though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Still using him here, ai man didn’t say anything about him being gone

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Still using him here, ai mane didn’t say anything about him being gone

It was your heifer that reminded me of it! Think i seen it mentioned on Twitter maybe, just thought someone here might know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

It was your heifer that reminded me of it! Think i seen it mentioned on Twitter maybe, just thought someone here might know for sure.

Do you follow the AI companies on Twitter?

Do you follow the AI companies on Twitter?

Some of them, but I follow a lot of folk so it all gets lost in my feed. I'd search for a bull name or that if I'm looking for something in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭High bike

Anyone any experience of Limo bull AGB, savage figures and breeding???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

High bike wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of Limo bull AGB, savage figures and breeding???

Looks the business alrite, €75 a straw tho, Moondharrig Knell (Lm4217) is a son, €10 a straw for him.

I've a 2 month old AGB calf. He's shaping up nicely. Was hoping for a heifer.
    Where can the straws be got Tanko? Thought they were all gone.

I've a 2 month old AGB calf. He's shaping up nicely. Was hoping for a heifer.
    Where can the straws be got Tanko? Thought they were all gone.
    Munster ai have em Patsy putting one in a cow on Thurs

Munster ai have em Patsy putting one in a cow on Thurs

Did you get them recently? How much? Last time I tried, they were out.

Did you get them recently? How much? Last time I tried, they were out.
    70e my ai man is supposed to have it tomorrow,I think pg have them too.Stick up a pic of that calf when u get a chance,he should breed plenty milk

• Advertisement

AGB bull calf. Month old in the pic. The mother is nothing special, to be honest. She lacks size so hoping AGB would add that as his skeletal figures are very high (92%).

Nice calf what's the cows breeding?

Nice calf what's the cows breeding?

She's by Elite Flag. Exceptionally quiet but small. I think that's the grand mother in front of him. She's a fine big cow.

Are you using him on a big cow, as be will bring size. A lot of the cows at the Thomastown pedigree sale were by AGB. All fine animals.

I’m not convinced on AGb, I had a few on-dit bulls this year and found it difficult to fill them out, you would want to have a very shapely cow to maximize on on-dit. AGb might be different.

She's by Elite Flag. Exceptionally quiet but small. I think that's the grand mother in front of him. She's a fine big cow.

Ditto, have a carbon copy efz cow as well, very low tot the ground:D.
    She is five stars and has a nice khs heifer this year so we will see.

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I’m not convinced on AGb, I had a few on-dit bulls this year and found it difficult to fill them out, you would want to have a very shapely cow to maximize on on-dit. AGb might be different.

I reckon he's very different to on-dit. He's much more muscley and powerful, but still has the milk.

I reckon he's very different to on-dit. He's much more muscley and powerful, but still has the milk.

Hopefully I did buy 4 of his straws but said I would wait to see what the stock turn out like, I have a dancer cow that I might consider putting him on....we’ll see

had no experience of on dit but this lad seems to have it all,my cow is a sympa and she has plenty size, have a nice Cerberus bull calf off her this year with plenty shape to him

What would ye suggest for an Ulsan daughter, 15 months old, tall, growthy type?
    She's the orangey one second from the right here- https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107646657&postcount=4705

Only have Bova/Dovea so don't say ZAG! Will i just stick with my usual THZ limousin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Red Zepplin?

Advertisement