Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Level Ending Ever?

Options
  • 03-11-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Gears of War 3 - ACT 3, Chapter 5.

Was it the best ending to a level ever? It was absolutley epic IMHO.

You know the one I'm talking about...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Halo - The Library

cos i knew i wouldn't have to do that shíte level ever again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ahh why did i read that GOW spoiler! :mad:

The Polito reveal in System Shock 2. It's not technically a level ending i know, but worth a mention.Also, the last level in the original Halo. Say what you want about the overall quality of the game, but the last level driving though the ship in the warthog was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

The Spoiler: thing didnt come up for me at the start and I hadnt got around to playing it yet..oh no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Maybe obvious, but Thread title should have "CONTAINS SPOILERS"

For me FF9 has to be up there, I know it's soppy and dramatic, but I couldn't believe it :D Loved it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Halo - The Library

cos i knew i wouldn't have to do that shíte level ever again!

that the first Flood level? if so then yes, most annoying enemy in games.

mine would probably be taking down Kronos in God of War 3, epiiiiiic.

• Advertisement

can I add the end of chapter 14 on Uncharted 3? fcuking amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Not exactly a level ending - but the few mins following your successful crossing into Mexico in Red Dead Redemption is absolutely epic in my opinion.

The Jose Gonzalez song in the background tops off one of my favourite ever gaming moments..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

hmm.... more game endings that level endings.. but the human warcraft 3 ending was brilliant along with killing lichking in WoW.

HL2Ep2 has a brilliant ending... if you like cliffhangers with no sequel !!!! DAMNIT VALVE !

Also... Zelda:oot has a special ending for me aswel, one of the best boss fights i can think of outside of the MMO genre and a brilliant end to one of the best games ever imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Gears of War 3 - ACT 3, Chapter 5.

Was it the best ending to a level ever? It was absolutley epic IMHO.

You know the one I'm talking about...

GodDAMNIT!! The spoiler doesn't work properly when you hover the mouse over a thread title to get a preview of the OP :mad: :mad:

Not your fault, but again, God DAMNIT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

"When you see your father relay these words:
    'Prepare for unforeseen consequences'
    "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Beating up Poseidon in God of War 3 from his perspective. Brutal

"Would you kindly?"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really liked the end of the start of Kingdom Hearts 2.

It was when Roxas (I think) realised what he was and then the real game could start proper...he said something along the line of "looks like my summer vacation is over.." and I think "Dearly Beloved" kicked in there.

Can't find the scene on the tube of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Loved the MW2 mission ending "No russian" in the airport

Gandalph wrote: »
    Loved the MW2 mission ending "No russian" in the airport

great level, controversial as hell when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not really a level ending but I think it's this part in RDR is brilliantly done...

When I was standing in front of the graves at the end, it clicked immediately and I was like: ''Woah...''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Care to refresh my memory on that one? I remember meeting him plenty of times through the story but can't remember ever figuring out who he was

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I removed the spoiler from the OP. The game is too new and its a MASSIVE spoiler.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Sorry about that... thought the spoiler tag wouldve been enough.

Cheers
    Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Normally it should be enough, but for some that little grey strip is like this....

father-dougal-presses-the-button.gif

:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Medal of Honour: Belly of The Beast.

Sure, the last stand has been done before, but I really like this one. The sense of hopelessness was really apparent, atmospheric music kept things tense and yet sorrowful at the same time. Overall, it was great.

Spoiler. And I, for once, liked the way that the air cav came in at the right time - was it CoD they have just let you die, hoping for a cheap shock. In this case, though you really did feel a sense of relief and joy when the gunships came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I find it amusing that people are annoyed about GoW spoilers. I only played the first one but I didn't even notice it had a plot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

One of the best level endings I've played was in CoD: Modern Warfare where you're playing the american soldier
    after a nuke went off and you just stagger around watching the city crumble, before you die.
    All though that kind of shock tactic seems a staple now, I really didn't expect it.

And the last level of each episode of the Left 4 Dead games were really well done. It was a great mix of a "last man standing" feel, combined with desperation for whatever you were waiting for to hurry the f*ck up!.

humanji wrote: »
    One of the best level endings I've played was in CoD: Modern Warfare where you're playing the american soldier
    after a nuke went off and you just stagger around watching the city crumble, before you die.
    All though that kind of shock tactic seems a staple now, I really didn't expect it.

another great moment, it was something different to watch your character die in a game,and really die. been done a few times since but that moment really stood out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The cutscene at the end of chapter 3 of devil may cry 3 when you defeat vergil for the first time. Dante running down the tower killing demons was eqaully the stupidest and best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

^ this

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Harps wrote: »
    Care to refresh my memory on that one? I remember meeting him plenty of times through the story but can't remember ever figuring out who he was
    Most people seem to think that he's God, The Devil or Death. I think he's Death but I suppose it's open to interpretation.

''I'm an accountant, in a way.'' Keeping track of deaths?

He can't remember his name. Not sure what that means, maybe Death doesn't have a name or something.

''I know you from Mexico, I know you from back out west, I know you from all over.'' He's been watching over John, maybe?

''Oh, but you will. You will be responsible for your actions.'' A sign of the things to come for John.

''This is a fine spot.'' He's standing where John will be buried.

''Yes, many have damned me.'' Many people have damned Death but this could also be true for God and the Devil.

Also, I read somewhere that gunshots are important. John fires three shots but on the fourth shot, the gun jams. Some people think that the three shots stand for John, Abigail and Uncle and the fourth for Jack.
    John seals his, Abigail's and Uncle's fate by shooting but Jack survives because of the jammed gunshot. I'm not sure about that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The cutscene at the end of chapter 3 of devil may cry 3 when you defeat vergil for the first time. Dante running down the tower killing demons was eqaully the stupidest and best thing ever.

It is utterly ridiculous and amazingly f*cking brilliant all in one go.

As a huge Vergil fan though, I'd have to place this just above it: (spoilers obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

FundingReport-October2040.png

Advertisement