Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Government to cut the SFP

• 03-11-2011 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Heard something on Ivan Yates this morning to the effect that the government is to cut SFP in the budget.
    No more designer wellies after this:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I saw on the front of the Journal that there was some proposal to cut the SFP to fund the Suckler Welfare scheme - could this be what you're referring to?
    I havent read the article yet, so not sure what the detail is...

As for the designer wellies... I dunno what to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

Dont they all ready take modulation off of it which is running at 9% on payments over 5k.

Thought most of the SFP was Europe money anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

surely this round of changes was a great time to reduce the spend on CAP. Finances in the mire in the EU, Ag seemly going well, anyone would have taught there would have been big reductions to the budget. Missed opportunity I think, would allow us to get back to the free market fundamentals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

....... Missed opportunity I think, would allow us to get back to the free market fundamentals
    If our recent property bubble has thought us anything it's that markets have to be highly regulated at a top or macro level to prevent bubbles.
    Remember the beef and butter mountains...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

pakalasa wrote: »
    If our recent property bubble has thought us anything it's that markets have to be highly regulated at a top or macro level to prevent bubbles.

And wine lakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

pakalasa wrote: »

and what caused these? The CAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

:D
    Tora Bora wrote: »
    And wine lakes.
    i cant swim but i would have a go:p.

Advertisement