Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord trouble

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

alibaba12 wrote: »
    ... this back and forth is really not answering the question.

Accommodation threads are littered with stories of tenants having a problem then dragging out a massive list of old issues that either were not communicated to the LL or that both parties ignored. Its crucial to do a proper inspection. Agents too are very lax with inspections. It causes no end of difficulties.

Not doing a proper inspection is the issue here also. One of the first thing I do when checking a property, is check the beds, bases and the mattresses both sides. Almost every time the base is damaged in some way and its never mentioned.

Another problem is moving in then deciding the bed is the wrong size, too big, small, or too soft too hard. Its not like the LL has some secret warehouse of beds and mattresses they can use for swapping beds.

Renting unfurnished and bare walls and floors is the answer to all this messing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,803 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Any landlord I have had has always taken the mattress off the bed and inspected the base and the mattress.

Beds and sofas are probably the 2 items of furniture that get the most wear, so I understand why the landlord pays extra attention to them.

Advertisement