Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on thinning Hybrid Larch

• 03-11-2011 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Any suggestions on when to start thinning larch? In college was told "early and often" and it was left at that.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

mossad, only spotted this thread now so maybe its too late.

i was told something similar to yourself about larch. its very important to leave larch plenty of room, top of the canopy shouldnt be allowed to close in on eachother as spruce is allowed to do. i've thinned very little pure larch blocks but i always gave them a heavy thinning, i suppose if you took out 20-30% more than a normal thinning on a spruce plantation?? im no expert on it though

Advertisement