Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield installed in x86

Options
  • 03-11-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I downloaded through Origin and it installed Battlefield in Program Files x86. I have a 64bit Operating system and thought it should have installed it in Program Files (in other words x64)

I have been having problems running the game. It's sluggish even on medium vid quality. This can't be right. I have a Quad core processor, 6gb ram, GeForce GT 320 1gb. Basically everything that is suggests as being the best possible for gameplay, so why is it running so poor on even medium.

I'm wondering is it trying to run it as 32bit instead of 64bit?

Does anyone know and should I find some way of installing it in Program Files (x64)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Just realised it is running in Task manager as bf3.exe *32 So it is not running as 64 bit as it should be. Does anyone know how I can change this please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a 32bit app, it's installed in the normal default location. You can't make a 64bit bf3.exe.

Spear wrote: »
    It's a 32bit app, it's installed in the normal default location. You can't make a 64bit bf3.exe.

I'm wondering why the recommended settings for optimum performance then were: OS: Windows 7 64-bit

What's the point if it only runs as 32bit? Sorry, I'm not understanding this at all and really want to get it running like it should.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

deisedevil wrote: »
    I'm wondering why the recommended settings for optimum performance then were: OS: Windows 7 64-bit

What's the point if it only runs as 32bit? Sorry, I'm not understanding this at all and really want to get it running like it should.

Even if the app itself is 32bit, the fact that the OS is 64bit will still allow for better overall memory management.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Hi all.

I downloaded through Origin and it installed Battlefield in Program Files x86. I have a 64bit Operating system and thought it should have installed it in Program Files (in other words x64)

I have been having problems running the game. It's sluggish even on medium vid quality. This can't be right. I have a Quad core processor, 6gb ram, GeForce GT 320 1gb. Basically everything that is suggests as being the best possible for gameplay, so why is it running so poor on even medium.

I'm wondering is it trying to run it as 32bit instead of 64bit?

Does anyone know and should I find some way of installing it in Program Files (x64)?

There's your problem. That's an entry level video card.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    There's your problem. That's an entry level video card.

Damn. Thought it was good enough. :(

Thanks.

Advertisement