Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds finally coming to Ballina

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

martinnew wrote: »
    At the end of the day.. competition and free trade a good things, they grow the economy and create jobs.

Yes McDonalds is fair competition for local restaurants. One of the top 5 companies in the world?

I dare say you'd have a totally different view if you owned a family restaurant in Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Was the deanwood hotel the old moy hotel?

No. The library on Pearse Street now occupies the old Moy Hotel which was owned by the Cookes. The Deanwood is on Bury Street near the post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Yes McDonalds is fair competition for local restaurants. One of the top 5 companies in the world?

I dare say you'd have a totally different view if you owned a family restaurant in Ballina.

Of course they would but that's hardly the point :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

ciaran67 wrote: »

I dont see whats the big deal about McDonalds... Its pure Junk Food. There is plenty of alternative place to eat in Ballina for Good Value....
    Westport throw out Sup;erMacs a few years ago and you dont hear them complaining.. doubt McD would get in there either..
    The Site is a great location.. I am sure something else will come up soon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

lotusm wrote: »
    I dont see whats the big deal about McDonalds... Its pure Junk Food. There is plenty of alternative place to eat in Ballina for Good Value....
    Westport throw out Sup;erMacs a few years ago and you dont hear them complaining.. doubt McD would get in there either..
    The Site is a great location.. I am sure something else will come up soon

Supermacs are in Westport..

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Supermacs are in Westport..
    I meant Westport town... I presume the one at the filling station a mile out of westport... which only opened this year

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I meant Westport town... I presume the one at the filling station a mile out of westport... which only opened this year

Thats the one, but its still in Westport.

yop wrote: »
    Thats the one, but its still in Westport.
    genius

genius

Just pointing out the fact that there is a Supermacs in Westport. Not genius, just a fact.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You will find that McDonalds tends to do quite well in the depths of a recession. This is why they are still expanding and planning to open new outlets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I presume there hasnt been any developments on this?

Down to see the outlaws this weekend and was hoping for some decent food :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Down to see the outlaws this weekend and was hoping for some decent food :pac:

Well then you're in luck. There is still no McDonalds in Ballina. :)

Advertisement