Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data privacy with employer issued mobile

Options
  • 03-11-2011 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have just acquired a mobile from my new employer. I am wondering because they are the a/c holder, can they request a print out of my personal text messages from the service provider if they feel a need to do so. I am paranoid to send/receive personal texts from my company phone in case they can do this.
    Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

dont use it for anything other then business

yes they will probably be able to access text/phone records, i dont hink they can access text content tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No they could not request the contents of sms messages. Only a garda warrant could get that info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Miss25

Thanks, they said I could use it for personal text/calls within reason but I am just worried that they could read the text content if they wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No they cant read the content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Frankly I would use it strictly for business purposes only, just as I would use my business e-mail strictly for business purposes.

They could ask you for the phone back at any time (as it's theirs) so they'd then be able to access anything that was on the phone.

Basically: don't use it for anything you wouldn't be happy for your employer to see :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement