Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITT Irritations AKA First World Problems

• 03-11-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Just a thread to vent on some of the important and unimportant things that annoy you when at college.
    (Thread idea "borrowed" from other college forum boards)

1. How can we not have a real canteen in the main building? Seriously. They have a great facility where the shop is and even some catering equipment already there (which is only used to cook a few breakfast rolls in the morning).

2. That dude in your class in first year who has decided to do a computing course without, it seems, ever having used a computer before.
    "How did you do that again?"
    "What button did you press to do that?"
    "What does "save as" mean?"
    "Tis amazing now what they can do with computers nowadays isn't it?"
    Dude step away from the computer and just go home, PLEASE.

3. That person in your class who won't stop asking the lecturer questions. Usually with a demand for the very explanation which they are interrupting.

4. 9am lectures. Can we all not just come to an agreement to start the day at 11am and finish around 3pm. I won't tell the VEC and I don't think any other student will either.

5. Groups of people just standing in the doorways between different blocks. Just GTFO of my way.

For anyone who doesn't know what first world problems are:

First-World-Problems-00.jpg
    9358_ffc3_500.jpeg
    breakfast-first-world-problems-photo-u1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ha! Fantastic thread op :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Would someone please adjust the damn air con units in the labs so that everyone in the room doesn't have to endure Arctic conditions. I don't think the machines need to be that cold. :mad:

Those lazy <bleep> who keep leaving wrappers and bottles in the lab, please put them in the bin (usually located near the door), I'm sick of picking them up so that I don't get fined for it.

And those people who play you tube videos without headphones, :mad: GRRRRR!!!!

/that is all

/for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My biggest annoyance was that is was easier and quieter to study in the hall-ways or 2nd floor class-rooms than in the actual library until after 7pm...Oh! the noise in the library especially around exam-time was shockin'!

then being kicked outta the library at closing-time to find it's just you, about 10 others, the librarian and security guards left on the premises :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Security Guards- Think they need to accept that no one gives a toss about their so called "power".
    IM GUNNA STICKA UR KAR IF U DNT MV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Those stickers were a bitch to get off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement