Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity danger with energy monitor

Options
  • 03-11-2011 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Do Airtricity have a clue when it comes to electrical safety ?. Am i right in thinking that Airtricity are suggesting that home owners connect an energy monitor to a cable inside an ESB meter cabinet. Surley as an electricity supplier they know that there are no electrical safety devices to prevent against electrical shock and subsequent death inside an ESB meter cabinet. Why are ESB letting this happen ?. It is both dangerous and irresponsible of Airtricity to advertise these devices on TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

elec wrote: »
    Do Airtricity have a clue when it comes to electrical safety ?. Am i right in thinking that Airtricity are suggesting that home owners connect an energy monitor to a cable inside an ESB meter cabinet. Surley as an electricity supplier they know that there are no electrical safety devices to prevent against electrical shock and subsequent death inside an ESB meter cabinet. Why are ESB letting this happen ?. It is both dangerous and irresponsible of Airtricity to advertise these devices on TV.

You're posting in the wrong section, but I'd assume the monitor is an inductive device and perfectly safe as it clamps around the insulated cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 elec

sorry first time posting - which is the right section ?
    To get the right cable may mean having to seperate cables and pull at them. Also, very often cables are sorrounded by second sheaths - you can imagine the danger if someone tried to strip back the sheath of a live unprotected cable !.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement