Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM Class of 2011- the continuing challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Have a good time was just thinking the same earlier its like a little club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Have a great time ro am just a bit jealous. Will have to meet up for a run in the park when you get back. Don't be doing any crazy moves now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Hi guys,

Headin off on my hols in the morning and wont have internet I'd say so I just wanted to wish you all a very happy Xmas. Thanks so much for all the friendships and support over the last few months. Would never have achieved completing the marathon without you guys.
    A very merry Xmas and chat tya all in the new Year :)

Happy Christmas to you too. Have a great time! :)

...And of course a very happy Christmas to all fellow DCM finishers and runners ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Happy christmas sunflowerRo! have a great time and dont bring back any snow!

Merry christmas everyone, have a good one :)

• Advertisement

happy chritmas to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Happy Christmas Everyone, hope the day is going well....and everyone is relaxing well!!!

Santa was very good here, kids delighted, Dinner went well, just heading off to visit, home later and then will sit down, relax and have a drink or two;)

Happy christmas everyone. Santa was good here also I got new running gloves. Now to get new runners in the sales and I will be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hoping to grab a new pair myself in the sales, think my older pair are completely fcuked at this stage and need to be replaced.

Yeah seem to have developed a pain running down the length of the sole of my foot. Its hard to pinpoint the pain so I am putting it down to the runners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Hey Folks

Sorry this is a day late though I say there was a fair few sore heads yesterday so the rest day was probably enforced between drink and a food coma

Here is the plan for the week

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |Rest|5m|32min with hard intervals*|5m|rest|60mins|3 miles easy

Intervals - 10 min easy, 6 x 1 min on/off, 10 min easy

Any questions just ask

Had originally planned running 10k race in Navan for yesterday but it was cancelled so when i went for a run decided to do 10k myself and raced it to see how i got on...well my current PB from May 2010 is 54:00 min so decided to see what i could do... I did 6.2 m in 53.20 did 3.1 m in 26.22 but when i turned and headed back i had the wind in my face so thought i hadn't a hope...was fairly f**ked coming to the end and what just about hanging in there...so very happy with my attempt....i know in a race it probably would have measured longer on Garmin,,,but i'm happy!!!! the best i have done 10k in 2011 was 56.XX!!!

Dist=avg pace/avg HB
    m1=9.09/155,
    m2=8.19/172
    m3=8.07/174
    m4=8.29/182
    m5=8/56/180
    m6=8.35/185
    m.20=8.48/192

overall 6.20m 53:20 avg 8.36/175 max= 6.44/193

took today off and will take back up tomorrow.....:D

ecoli wrote: »

Here is the plan for the week

|Rest|5m|32min with hard intervals*|5m|rest|60mins|3 miles easy

Intervals - 10 min easy, 6 x 1 min on/off, 10 min easy

Any questions just ask

Ecoli..Happy Christmas...just one question,,

is it 10mins easy, 1 min on 1 min off x 6 and then 10 min easy...is it 5k pace or what is "hard" is it everyone just go harder than normal pace??

Younganne wrote: »
    Ecoli..Happy Christmas...just one question,,

is it 10mins easy, 1 min on 1 min off x 6 and then 10 min easy...is it 5k pace or what is "hard" is it everyone just go harder than normal pace??

Yes 10 min easy, then the fartlek and then 10 min easy after

Hard is roughly 5k effort

This week is not going to plan...a bit under the weather...did the 10k on Mon and 3.5m with intervals yesterday but didn't do anything else since...Don't think i am going to chance going out tomorrow either as i have bit of a chest infection starting and trying to avoid it....might manage an easy 3m on Sunday for the start of the year but will have to see...not planning any wild celebrations tomorrow night so will see how the chest is..

Happy New Year to all of you & your families and may all your Dreams for 2012, both running & personal, come true!!:D:D

Thanks Anne and happy new year to you too (and all the rest of the DCM 2011 novices!!) lf you told me this time last year that id run a marathon .....

Same as Anne it has been a very bad xmas not much running done at all, in fact only one run was done. Such a lazy ****e I feel guilty now. But back at it on Tuesday I am taking part in a 10k on the 22nd so time to get back in action.

Happy new year to all. I hope 2012 is as good as the last.

Cheers all, and a very happy 2012 to everyone!

Anyone have any major targets in sight yet? ;)

I was doing so well with my christmas runs up to Wednesday this week and it all went horribly wrong....:D hopefully i will get out tomorrow too much booze last night means not too much tonight. I have no targets... oh hang on i do. Sub2 half :rolleyes: 4.30 marathon and injury free :D Happy new year everyone.

45 10k
    1.43 half
    3.59 marathon.

If I get those I will happily retire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

3.59 marathon for me too please :)

Happy New Year to all!

Hope everyone had a great new years eve!

Didn't go too mad last night so decided to go out and do the Tom Brennan 5k in the Phoenix Park this afternoon, twas good fun! My first 5k race so a new PB of 24.11 ;)

Very pleased with my mile splits
    Mile 1: 7.41
    Mile 2: 7.57
    Mile 3: 7.44 .. and 45 seconds for the .11m

Starting the year as I intend to go on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Happy new year to every one - did the 5k resolution run in renmore in galway today seeing as it was a good excuse to get me off the couch.First official race since marathon!Havnt been running much since marathon due to sore knee but was delighted today as knee wasnt sore - just little stiff.Managed to do race in 24 min 50 sec :)
    lots of stretching and using the stick now

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

run44 wrote: »

Very pleased with my mile splits
    Mile 1: 7.41
    Mile 2: 7.57
    Mile 3: 7.44 .. and 45 seconds for the .11m

Starting the year as I intend to go on! :D

well done run44. Those are excellent splits. Fair play for getting out today and starting the year with a race!

Hi Folks

Happy new year. The first steps on the way to a year of PBs start here

|Rest|5m|3 mile tempo + 4x80m strides|5m|rest|5 miles easy|60mins

Tempo = This is roughly Half Marathon - Marathon pace. If you dont know what these paces are aim for a steady effort.

Strides are roughly at 5k/10k pace. They dont have to be exact and take long recoveries after them (i.e walk back to starting point) These are all about working on form so driving the knees and getting the arms moving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

Still resting after dry needling on Friday, so missed my Saturday run, but I could walk without pain today. Most likely I'll restart my runs on Tuesday.

This is for two weeks!!

Name|Sessions|Distance|Total|Comments
    BobMac104|||159.1m||
    Younganne|6|29.5|116.5m|only got out twice last week...have bad cough and breathing is not the best so will see what happens this week|
    red face dave|||65.5|
    Nules10 |||119.5|
    Conseng|||74m|
    run44|||45.5m||
    shazkea|||83m|
    KittyMittens|||34.5m||
    Cutex|||29.5m|
    sunflowerro|||149.0| |
    Jimh|||20| |
    Kit3 |||20.8|
    Alitoast|||75m||

Had a bit of a party for the big 40 yesterday so with recovering from that and the bad cough/chest inf i'm definitely not fit for a run today but i'll see how the rest of the week pans out!!!

This table is for the last two weeks...or does anyone think we should start a new fresh one for the year.... Im thinking maybe a new one for the new year!!!
    What does e veryone else think???

Name|Sessions|Distance|Total|Comments
    BobMac104|||||
    Younganne||||
    red face dave||||
    Nules10 ||||
    Conseng||||
    run44|||||
    shazkea||||
    KittyMittens|||||
    Cutex||||
    sunflowerro|||| |
    Jimh|||| |
    Kit3 ||||
    Alitoast|||||

I would be happy enough starting a new one for this year. Would see the full total for 2012. But I am happy enough either way.

I would be happy enough starting a new one for this year. Would see the full total for 2012. But I am happy enough either way.

Same here. New one would be handy to keep tally of miles done in 2012 but again, don't mind either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭alitoast

run44 wrote: »

Same here. New one would be handy to keep tally of miles done in 2012 but again, don't mind either way!

I don't mind either way either, I've been struggling to get out over the festive period and I am on holiday for two weeks so will be starting behind all you guys, happy new year to you all.

Look forward to getting back into it in when I get back.

Advertisement