Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Overrated Musicians/Groups

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭ballsacky

Jeff Buckley,Neil Young,Bob Dylan. There I have said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

The Doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I love the way this thread if full of huge bands and musicians of the last 50 years, and not one mention of a single group! :confused:

ya'll need to figure out what good music is!

for shame! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

+1 Neil Young

Bob Marley
    The Pixies

John Doe1 wrote: »
    oh yeah The stone roses

You're not right in the head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Saw them in the paper n I hope the rchp get their mojo back after their hiatus cos they lived up to their name once, and the past 15yr are written off maybe they just needed to lose the braindead dude who ended up a one string wonder with childlike melodies maybe a drug casualty was holding em back to a degree.. Kids need exposure to shìt like that imo old dudes laying it down showing em how it was and always should be. was proper hc back in the day

westlife
    take that
    spice girls
    and all that bollox, how do they sell their noise :confused:

and how can westlife have been let take the beatles crown for the most number ones or whatever it was, crimes against humanity music they should be done for :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Oasis ..definately, attitude on the cnuts

chilis after b.s.s.m.

would say blur, but liked the way Albarn matured

Best bands Tool -Lateralus is a great album
    Sisters of Mercy, (especially Patricia Morrison era, liked her simplistic bass) Pink Floyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Saila wrote: »
    I love the way this thread if full of huge bands and musicians of the last 50 years, and not one mention of a single group! :confused:

ya'll need to figure out what good music is!

for shame! :mad:

To mention groups like Spice Girls, Boyzone etc.. in this discussion gives them a credibility I for one dont believe they deserve :)

rather just leave em out altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

westlife
    take that
    spice girls
    and all that bollox, how do they sell their noise :confused:

and how can westlife have been let take the beatles crown for the most number ones or whatever it was, crimes against humanity music they should be done for :mad:

There's a difference between being "rated" and the amount of your singles 12 year old girls buy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

The stone roses
    U2
    Dylan
    AcDc
    Radiohead
    Oasis
    The stone roses
    The beatles
    Aerosmith
    The stone roses
    Tool

Now don't get me wrong, some of these i actually like, but I'd still consider them overrated.
    I don't like the stone roses though.
    Never has such a pish band got so much recognition. With most bands i can at least understand why some people like them. But the stone roses? No. Just no. Fuck right off Ian Brown.

The stone roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

You're not right in the head

Coming from the man that said Bob Marley

I don't like the stone roses though.
    Never has such a pish band got so much recognition. With most bands i can at least understand why some people like them. But the stone roses? No. Just no. Fuck right off Ian Brown.

a bit like velvet underground, most bands today from britian wouldnt be around without them and they paved the way for them and the whole madchester scene

a bit like velvet underground, most bands today from britian wouldnt be around without them and they paved the way for them and the whole madchester scene

Well, I can understand that I suppose. Still think they're an awful band though.

Well, I can understand that I suppose. Still think they're an awful band though.

compared to?

Coming from the man that said Bob Marley

Yeah I sure did - a pile of shiite, like all reggae.

compared to?

Anything. Well. I'll make obvious exceptions for Beiber and the like.
    I'm not just trying to be over the top here. I really think they're one of the most mind numbingly boring things I could listen to.
    But that's all my opinion. I'm not saying anyone else is wrong to like them, just that I don't get it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah I sure did - a pile of shiite, like all reggae.

Comments like this disqualify you from giving your opinion on any music.

Anything. Well. I'll make obvious exceptions for Beiber and the like.
    I'm not just trying to be over the top here. I really think they're one of the most mind numbingly boring things I could listen to.
    But that's all my opinion. I'm not saying anyone else is wrong to like them, just that I don't get it ;)

challenge accepted..:)

skip to 3min 30 after you listen to the first 1 min or so for the first one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

The National and James Blake

And probably The Beatles, who were unreal obviously but the thread title is overrated, and the way some people talk about them you'd think all recorded music should have stopped in 1970. Mostly from 'fake' music fans like Ryan Tubridy who like bands he thinks he's supposed to like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

The National and James Blake

And probably The Beatles, who were unreal obviously but the thread title is overrated, and the way some people talk about them you'd think all recorded music should have stopped in 1970. Mostly from 'fake' music fans like Ryan Tubridy who like bands he thinks he's supposed to like.

I would agree with that. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of Beatles and Dylan fans who look down their noses at everyone else. ME? I'm a MUSIC fan. I thought the Stones were way better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

The majority of this thread is utter tripe!!!
    Where are ye getting these ratings from anyway? And then how do you decide if it's too high?
    Seems to me like its "lets pick a few bands that have been very successful and then say they are crap" sortra vibe.

Some of the names that have been thrown in here as been overrated makes my head hurt. :confused::confused::confused:

Thread should be remaned "Really successful bands that i dont like"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

The Republic of Loose.

Ohh Yeeeaaawwwwwggghhhh. Oooooooeeeeghhh!.

Always sounds like he's on the toilet fighting a terminal case of constipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Coldplay.

If their music was food it would be ricecakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Nirvana...never been convinced.

The old adage that dying can be the best career move springs to mind.

I was not an angsty teenager so maybe I just don't get it.

Ugh... Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion but conceited nonsense like this does my head in.
    Plus the career move thing is a bit out of wack with Nirvana being the biggest band in the world for the 2/3 years previous to Cobains suicide.
    Great band IMO. Totally shook up the music industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

deuceswild wrote: »
    The majority of this thread is utter tripe!!!
    Where are ye getting these ratings from anyway? And then how do you decide if it's too high?
    Seems to me like its "lets pick a few bands that have been very successful and then say they are crap" sortra vibe.

Some of the names that have been thrown in here as been overrated makes my head hurt. :confused::confused::confused:

Thread should be remaned "Really successful bands that i dont like"
    These threads always turn into "xyz I simply dislike personally". Always surprises me how many folks miss a basic point.
    Cher Lloyd and Justin Bieber - wtf?!
    Presume the inclusion of Crystal Swing is a joke.
    And of course the "I can say whomever I want is over-rated but damn anyone who dares say MY favourite acts are over-rated" phenomenon. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

brummytom wrote: »
    Definitely Bob Dylan.
    I saw him at the London Feis in June. Walked off to the Saw Doctors instead - great decision.

Now I'm no fan of Dylan, but the Saw Doctors are Supermacs in musical form.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭adomino

most 'The ........' bands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

The Hype

Advertisement