Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth headset

• 03-11-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a wireless headset for the PS3. I figure I need it to get the most out of the likes of Battlefield 3.

I've no idea what kind of money you need to spend or whether to buy in a bricks and mortar shop or online etc so any help would be apprecited.

Thanks,
    Nkay.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I have a set of PX21s and they are a great set, however there is about a kilometer of cables from my PS3 to my ears.

These are supposed to be the dogs wotsits - I reckon I'll get a pair in the new year.

As for little dangly ear-pieces - I would avoid them, you will get the chat but the game sounds with a good set make all the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

F1ngers wrote: »
    I have a set of PX21s and they are a great set, however there is about a kilometer of cables from my PS3 to my ears.

These are supposed to be the dogs wotsits - I reckon I'll get a pair in the new year.

As for little dangly ear-pieces - I would avoid them, you will get the chat but the game sounds with a good set make all the difference.

Right, so they're no use? Wouldn't you still get the game sounds from the tv as usual?

Edit: Although, looking at those, they seem a right job. Maybe an early Christmas present? Is there anywhere with reviews of those sets? The cables wouldn't be a major issue I guess but for 20 quid in the difference or whatever, the wireless might be worth it if all othr things were equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is that official 5.1 headset ever getting launched over here? I've got a set of turtle beach X4's but they're not very comfortable and they don't do PS3 chat. Time for an upgrade.

EGriff wrote: »
    Is that official 5.1 headset ever getting launched over here? I've got a set of turtle beach X4's but they're not very comfortable and they don't do PS3 chat. Time for an upgrade.

Anything I've seen online only relates to the US launch and states that there were no details available for a UK release. Can't find anything more up to date so I'm guessing they haven't announced it yet. I'm amazed they didn't get them out before Battlefield 3 and MW3 and will be even more amazed if they don't have them in time for Christmas with those games available.

Jaysus lads, import...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads, import...:rolleyes:

Ah yeah but some people might like to buy locally or whatever. Or are just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

EGriff wrote: »
    Is that official 5.1 headset ever getting launched over here?

It is 7.1 and they are on amazon.co.uk and play.com for what works out at 100 euro, release date 18th of November. VGP works out at 75ish euro just placed my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

My tuppence worth. Avoid anything wireless, in my experience there is to much distortion horrible hissing and popping noises which you just won't ever get with a wired pair of cans. I use a pair of Tritons,

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-360-tritton-ax720-gaming-headset-uk-for-ps3-and-xbox-360/887478339.prd

Which might look a little bulky but are incredibly comfortable even for 4+ hour sessions.

Wifey wasn't to happy when she found the receipt in my pocket though.:D

FrostyJack wrote: »
    It is 7.1 and they are on amazon.co.uk and play.com for what works out at 100 euro, release date 18th of November. VGP works out at 75ish euro just placed my order.

Yeah I've gone with the Playstation wireless ones. Bought them on Adverts from Headshot as he wasn't using them. Should be getting them today or tomorrow I'd say. All reviews seem to be of the opinion that they're excellent. Only slight concern is build quality and durability as the mic seems to be made of a flimsy plastic. As I'm careful with my stuff I don't see it being a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah I've gone with the Playstation wireless ones. Bought them on Adverts from Headshot as he wasn't using them. Should be getting them today or tomorrow I'd say. All reviews seem to be of the opinion that they're excellent. Only slight concern is build quality and durability as the mic seems to be made of a flimsy plastic. As I'm careful with my stuff I don't see it being a problem.

I am actually disappointed to hear Headshot is getting rid after his rave review!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

hi, I have a really good HiFi that I want to keep using .. buying those earphones would not rate my existing setup.

I really need to chat to other players but I'm not that sure which headset to get, I saw a ear piece in GAME for around €20 and wondered would that do ? do they transmit over all my hifi background MW3 as well ?

noodler wrote: »
    I am actually disappointed to hear Headshot is getting rid after his rave review!

Yeah he just said he isn't using his PS3 since getting a pc so I'm a happy beneficiary. Looking forward to trying them out. Hopefully chat in BF3 will have been sorted by then or soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I wanna get wireless headset for MW3.
    Are the official ps3 bluetooth ones any good.
    I think smyths have a triple pack for €20 with triggers and a cable

Got my PS3 Bluetooth headset today. Tried it out for two rounds. Unreal! The sound quality is class. It's really immersive to have the sound coming from all around you. Found myself being more careful or something and stopping and listening which is something I haven't done before.

Couldn't try out the chat on it obviously because of the comms issues on BF3 but I reckon that'll be excellent too. Well worth the dosh I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That headset looks awesome. Think I might get it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ooooh shiny...

My official headset battery has gone to bugger for some reason so I need to upgrade, and these look like they'd do quite nicely. Look like a quality build and design is really nice.

Might get a set next month for xmas

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Ooooh shiny...

My official headset battery has gone to bugger for some reason so I need to upgrade, and these look like they'd do quite nicely. Look like a quality build and design is really nice.

Might get a set next month for xmas

Gonna get the Sony ones from Axel as it will avoid any chance of customs.

Amazon are nearly 20e more expensive when they come out over here on the 18th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Gonna get the Sony ones from Axel as it will avoid any chance of customs.

Amazon are nearly 20e more expensive when they come out over here on the 18th.

Yeah amazon price is more expensive alright ;79.99 compared to vg.ca £61.60 (with 4.61 shipping) and £61.36 (with 3.09 for shipping) with Axel

I've used vg.ca before for games and never had issues, but might with the more bulkier accessories... where do Axel ship from? Don't want any hassle with customs so may have to go a bit more with amazon (free shipping too) just to make sure I've no trouble.

Yeah amazon price is more expensive alright ;79.99 compared to vg.ca £61.60 (with 4.61 shipping) and £61.36 (with 3.09 for shipping) with Axel

I've used vg.ca before for games and never had issues, but might with the more bulkier accessories... where do Axel ship from? Don't want any hassle with customs so may have to go a bit more with amazon (free shipping too) just to make sure I've no trouble.

That was my main reason for buying from Headshot. It's already in Ireland so I just pay what I pay! Didn't fancy lumping on an extra however much it would be if it got picked up by Customs.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    That was my main reason for buying from Headshot. It's already in Ireland so I just pay what I pay! Didn't fancy lumping on an extra however much it would be if it got picked up by Customs.

I've gotten plenty of games from them and they always mark the package "Toy game: $20".
    I'll probably buy that headset from them in the new year.

EDIT:Headshot got his from VG+. He didn't pay customs, see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74362198#post74362198

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

customs seem to be picking up everything lately so just be careful. got come cables from 7day shop in separate packages under £17 and they bulked the whole order together and charged €16. still cheaper than here mind.
    woman in collections said they are stopping all sizes of packages from outside the EU lately (as has been the case in previous years in the run up to christmas)

Axel have an extra small fee they add onto your order which they say will take care of customs plus others tell me they ship from somewhere in Denamark so in the EU and no customs.
    I've gotten plenty of games from them and they always mark the package "Toy game: $20".
    I'll probably buy that headset from them in the new year.

EDIT:Headshot got his from VG+. He didn't pay customs, see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74362198#post74362198

He did but that just means they didn't catch it.
    customs seem to be picking up everything lately so just be careful. got come cables from 7day shop in separate packages under £17 and they bulked the whole order together and charged €16. still cheaper than here mind.
    woman in collections said they are stopping all sizes of packages from outside the EU lately (as has been the case in previous years in the run up to christmas)

Again Axel seems to be safe cos they ship from the EU.

Axel have an extra small fee they add onto your order which they say will take care of customs plus others tell me they ship from somewhere in Denamark so in the EU and no customs.

He did but that just means they didn't catch it.

Again Axel seems to be safe cos they ship from the EU.

This headset is getting more tempting by the minute!

Just bought it off Axel. How long does it usually take to post?

tok9 wrote: »
    Just bought it off Axel. How long does it usually take to post?

Right now it says

Usually ships within 7-28 working days! Item is available and on backorder with the supplier.

Haven't used them before.

Jesus 7-28 working days could be a long time. I'm hoping for you it's the 7!

Has anyone used them before?

I don't mind too much but sooner would always be better!

tok9 wrote: »
    Has anyone used them before?

I don't mind too much but sooner would always be better!

Know how you feel. I am thorn now whether or not to risk Videogameplus.

EDIT: Sold out on Amazon.co.uk on the first day of their Euro release!

Advertisement