Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 03-11-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Ok, so I have this AK I bought from Hobby Airsoft, here us the link,

http://hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?airsoft=AKM-Kalashnikov--1956-version-&cmd=detail&id=120914&cat=02&subcat=04

The problem I am having is that when I shoot the gun with the mag fully winded, about one BB will shoot and then nothing, if I hold the gun upside down, most of the bb's will shoot.
    I have no idea why this is happening, I have tried different mags, the ones that came with it are plastic, I tried other plastic ones I have, and got a lend of a metal one, also I have tried different bb's, Blasters and ones I bought from hobby airsoft.
    I am not very familiar with the disassembly of guns so I haven't opened it.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Will I need a new part? Will I need to bring it back to the shop?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

If it's still under warranty it would probably be best to bring it back to the shop if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭robin321

I bought it before Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Christian.Kelly

I ain't trying to be funny or insulting, but could it be something with the selector switch? I mean, I've used an ak before and constantly knocked the switch to single by accident. Plus, I've heard they can be dodgy on Ak's and can slip down to single so maybe it's to do with that? Just throwing it out there. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I ain't trying to be funny or insulting, but could it be something with the selector switch? I mean, I've used an ak before and constantly knocked the switch to single by accident. Plus, I've heard they can be dodgy on Ak's and can slip down to single so maybe it's to do with that? Just throwing it out there. Good luck :)

I dont think thats it.
    Does the magazine wobble when you put it in the gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭robin321

yes, but it worked for months before... and for the selector switch, this one is quite stiff and im sure it wouldnt fall, and anyway it DOES always shoot, but bb's dont come out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Call the shop, tell them what the story is and listen to their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭need a aeg

its the magazine the spring in the mag isnt pushing the bb's to the top of the mag thats why it only fires upside down. theres no point in getting it fixed it will prob cost you cheaper to get a new one :L but sure open it up yourself and have a look but its definitly the spring in the mag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

need a aeg wrote: »
    its the magazine the spring in the mag isnt pushing the bb's to the top of the mag thats why it only fires upside down. theres no point in getting it fixed it will prob cost you cheaper to get a new one :L but sure open it up yourself and have a look but its definitly the spring in the mag

it cant be at all he said he used other mags and they didnt work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's most likely either your hop up or the tappet plate which is causing the problem, if you're not too familiar with the internals you're better off bringing it back to the shop and they'll set it right for ya:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭need a aeg

whoops my bad didnt see the bit about the other mags not working either P.S it could be your air nozzle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

As the lads said, just bring it up to us (Crookstown or Rathcoole), and we'll have a look at it for you. Odds are it's something simple!

Advertisement