Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Price of Audio Cables in Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

the first link is a bit iffy,the sencond link is a complete rip off,back to the 3.5m one,i have experienced a massive difference with the 3.5 cables especially when im connecting to big speakers,im no genius when it comes to these but i do like my music to be as clear as it can be so i purchased a belkin one for 11.99-12.99(similar price) and the difference is serious,also very durable in terms of them being tangled and being wrapped around near the heads,i was like a lot of people looking for the cheapest i could get but its good,if you are looking a good audio cable without the 13 euro price interweb is the only way.if u need it straight away most shops tend to do them in or around that price.if ya can try tx maxx,sometimes they do them for about 6-8 euro.try and avoid the very skinny ones,gold plated or not they are sh*t,ul end up replacing it in a while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

skinny90 wrote: »
    the first link is a bit iffy,the sencond link is a complete rip off,back to the 3.5m one,i have experienced a massive difference with the 3.5 cables especially when im connecting to big speakers,im no genius when it comes to these but i do like my music to be as clear as it can be so i purchased a belkin one for 11.99-12.99(similar price) and the difference is serious,also very durable in terms of them being tangled and being wrapped around near the heads,i was like a lot of people looking for the cheapest i could get but its good,if you are looking a good audio cable without the 13 euro price interweb is the only way.if u need it straight away most shops tend to do them in or around that price.if ya can try tx maxx,sometimes they do them for about 6-8 euro.try and avoid the very skinny ones,gold plated or not they are sh*t,ul end up replacing it in a while

The only real test for any of these phono type cables is for conductivity using a multi meter. Ears are often not accurate enough, considering how we actually lose high frequency sensitivity over time- remember the mosquito loitering repellant method for example!!!!!

Unfortunately a lot of people do fall for the "its expensive so it must be good" line.

These ones are generally imported from China at around 50cent each wholesale (I used to import them), and for basic use will actually be OK, its just the ridiculous price and mark up that is being charged is a bit much.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/3.5mm-to-rca-phono-cable.html Trade wholesale price in the region of 40 US cent -80 US cent each

I take your point about tangling up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's a similar situation to paying companies like Dell over the odds for a USB cable should you be daft enough to buy one of their printers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

skinny90 wrote: »

The only real test for any of these phono type cables is for conductivity using a multi meter. Ears are often not accurate enough, considering how we actually lose high frequency sensitivity over time- remember the mosquito loitering repellant method for example!!!!!

Unfortunately a lot of people do fall for the "its expensive so it must be good" line.

These ones are generally imported from China at around 50cent each wholesale (I used to import them), and for basic use will actually be OK, its just the ridiculous price and mark up that is being charged is a bit much.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/3.5mm-to-rca-phono-cable.html Trade wholesale price in the region of 40 US cent -80 US cent each

I take your point about tangling up too.
    Im not one that simply falls into the 'that must be good category' I know their high marked up,its getting the right one at the right price,as I said tk maxx is gr8 for all that,u will find cables that come free with speakers etc their very thin nd ****e quality ,if u need them asap shop around,if u can wait a week or more order online

Advertisement