Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(PC) BF3 Install Problem

Options
  • 04-11-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hey Folks!

Need advice, spent last while installing BF3 and downloading updates... (live in the sticks so it took a while). Anyway, according to the installlog nothing failed to install, yet when i tried to run the game for first time, i got an origin warning saying

"We're Sorry, An error has occured"

"There is a problem with the games setup, please reinstall your game."

ANY ideas.... PLEASE! Its wrecking my head!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Probably tried already but:
    Restart browser, different browser, restart Origin, restart computer.
    Disable UPNP in your router settings.
    Right-Click on Battlefield 3 in Origin and repair install.

Try each of these one by one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is your Origin install up to date? The one on the discs is too old by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Hey folks, thanks for help. have installed browser updates and updated origin. tried repair of game from origin. NOW, it keeps saying ready to install beside the game in origin and after i click install it goes to installing for a while and the circle begins again.

My heart is broken!!

Reinstalling (sigh)

Same problems!!

Any advice considered helpful.... thanks for all help so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Mine doesnt work if Chrome is the default browser. Had to switch it to Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Origin Activation Issues - Possible Solution

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347723461388/
    PLEASE NOTE

If you are experiencing issues not related to this problem please search for and post in a related forum thread.

Off-topics posts made in this thread will not be addressed and will be removed - save yourself some time and post to the correct thread!!

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

- - - - -

We are aware of and working to resolve issues that may be affecting PC users who are attempting to activate their copy of Battlefield 3 through Origin. Users may experience error messages telling them that Origin is unable to activate or authorize their game.

While we are working on this issue, we have developed a workaround that may help you get into the game in the meantime. If the workaround is successful you will be able to launch Battlefield 3 from that point forward without having to use the workaround again.

- - - - -

Error Upon launch an error message appears stating "Could Not Activate"

Possible Solution One workaround is to delete the BF3 license file to to force a license update.

Workaround Steps:

1. Exit Origin completely. You can do this by right-clicking Origin in your system tray (near the clock) and selecting "Exit"

2. Open Internet Explorer (this will only work with Internet Explorer, not other browsers). Enter the following address into your address bar and press "Enter/Return"

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License

3. Delete the file named either 71067.dlf or 70619 or 71069.dlf

4. Restart your machine.

5. Launch Origin and login to your Origin account.

6. Attempt to launch Battlefield 3

- - - - -

Please DO reply to this thread as to whether or not this solution has worked for you.

SAMPLE 1:

This worked for me

SAMPLE 2:

This did not work for me. I am still seeing (your error message here)
    - - - -

Failure also. Finished my 4th re-install. Still no joy.

Think i might have one hair on my head to pull out if anyone has any other ideas.... PLEASE!

Failing that.... who do i whinge to?

I get that now too, but the game still runs.

It runs from the website, so go to http://battlelog.battlefield.com and run it from there.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I get that now too, but the game still runs.

It runs from the website, so go to http://battlelog.battlefield.com and run it from there.

Nope. Same error.

We're Sorry, Ann Error Has Occured.
    There is a problem with your games setup. please re-install your game.

• Advertisement

I only get that if I click the Play button in Origin.

I also cant use Chrome, has to be Firefox on my machine.

What OS are you?

Apparently there were a lot of Vista probs in the Beta that were solved by MS updates.

Also running Origin as Administrator helps you get past the initial config stage where it happens the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

What are your computer specifications?

We have a winner......

Spent ages doing MS updates on visa, and game is Finally running. Thank you all for your help. She is running fairly **** but its running none the less. Just to fiddle with the settings now to try and make it work right. Very "stuttering" performance. Should run.... but feck it, ill work it out!

It was most likely the Windows Service Pack 2 that caused that error. Have fun playing!

Your right, it was the service pack but.....

NEW PROBLEM

Game is playing and on first level of campaign, it just keeps freezing and the sound looping. Doesnt come back. Have tried everything including reducing resolution and quality down to feck all but not working. Anyone any ideas? (or should i just buy a console at this stage)

have you talked to EA live desk

I found if you get thru to the right person they are alot of help

Headshot wrote: »
    have you talked to EA live desk

I found if you get thru to the right person they are alot of help

I know someone who has the same issue as the OP and they contacted ea live support but for him to only tell the person that he needs to contact the company where he bought the game.

My question, how do people like him get employed by EA?

popflop wrote: »
    I know someone who has the same issue as the OP and they contacted ea live support but for him to only tell the person that he needs to contact the company where he bought the game.

My question, how do people like him get employed by EA?

live in india and work for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ScubaDave wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas?
    What version of Windows, and what CPU/RAM/Graphics/Sound card do you have?

• Advertisement

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 2972MB RAM

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 (1GB)
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Sound is Realtek HD Audio

(techie knowledge not my highpoint anymore)

scuba would it be possible for you to upgrade to windows 7

I think you may have less hassle with it (cant be sure thou)

Also The ram to 4gb would help ya out

It is actually 4 gig ram. Dunno why its showing as that!

Windows 7.... no, not really. Money money money! Unfortuntely. Ive just surrendered to the fact that i aint gonna get it working!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

download windows seven. Back up important files, install windows 7 (64bit), update all drivers, download latest origin, install BF from CD and it will work. Simple and much better for your system anyway!

Ah its a radeon mobility. Make sure you havent got it set to battery saving.

Theres a button on my notebook that changes it from 2D to 3D.

Advertisement