Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ladies boutique in Wicklow town

• 04-11-2011 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Went into the new ladies boutique for a look today. There were no other customers at the time, the assistant who may have been the owner but I'm not sure was being given some instruction on using the till . As a result of her being preoccupied I was totally ignored , no hello,no welcome,no eye contact! I purposely lingered close to the till but nothing. As I was leaving I said a cheery thank you to which I got a dis interested yea bye. Not a promising start to a new business , wouldn't encourage me back. Now maybe she look one look and thought I was too old or too fat to fit into her dresses(both true by the way) but its a risky presumption as I was thinking of Christmas present for sons girlfriend. Will watch with interest to see how long it lasts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 embobolina

I was in there the other day, i had a similar experience but I thought maybe she was nervous..

I noticed all the clothes were very creased too! You would have thought they would have been steam ironed or something. They just looked like rags hanging there.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

The same thing happened to me today. I was very disappointed as I really like to support local business, and miss Viji badly!

I was totally blanked.

There was very little stock, but that is understandable in a new shop. I won't be going in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Was in a shoe shop in the area during the summer.

Received similar treatment to that described.
    Izzy j wrote: »
    As a result of her being preoccupied I was totally ignored , no hello,no welcome, no eye contact!

I felt we were an inconvenience to the staff

when we went to purchase two pairs of shoes.

Was back in Wicklow town in September and

it was closed.

And they will wonder why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

same ol story.

Boutique after Boutique has come and gone in Wicklow Town.

It could be that some people just hate making money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crazyeyz

yeah some of the service in the town is poor but i heard that an old jewellery shop (JJ jewellers) is opening back up again and being a customer of theirs, some of the shops in question should take a leaf out of their book as the service they used to give was brilliant. anything we wanted even if it was not in the shop they would 9 times out of 10 get it for us, hopefully it will be the same again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

crazyeyz wrote: »
    yeah some of the service in the town is poor but i heard that an old jewellery shop (JJ jewellers) is opening back up again and being a customer of theirs, some of the shops in question should take a leaf out of their book as the service they used to give was brilliant. anything we wanted even if it was not in the shop they would 9 times out of 10 get it for us, hopefully it will be the same again :)

i'm just after hearing that about jj jewellers this evening too. delighted. perfect friendly service from them. well helpful. so glad to hear they have managed to secure a chance to open again

Advertisement