Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google.. how much hatred .. :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Theres hatred.?? poor google. i love them so much i now have a three way pc. Dell, 7 and Google. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

yeah i hate them, google adwords is a total scam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

It seems that Google broke search a long time ago in favour of making money from Adwords. As for the people behind the latest "innovations" the less said about these bozos the better.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Seems to me that traditional backlinking and general good quality content is now less favourable that something new and fresh..

Autoblog ****ing heaven again !!! Uniqify post = win ??

Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Seems to me that traditional backlinking and general good quality content is now less favourable that something new and fresh..

Autoblog ****ing heaven again !!! Uniqify post = win ??

Sigh
    Yep. Having some doctorate or degree is no guarantee that these bozos have clue #0 about Search. I'm half tempted to go for a headshot on the Irish market with an Irish search engine that actually gives results that people are looking for rather than what some bozo thinks people should be searching for.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

This update is for keywords that lend themselves to more frequent updates - sports, celeb stuff (crap) etc. It's not going to affect the long-tail. I wouldn't say Google are stupid enough to allow sites to get listed at the top for this unless they have a previous history of being a "good" site (pagerank maybe?). I wonder did they run this in sandbox and have their human raters mark sites that were regarded as appropriate - pure speculation of course.

The more Google does though to piss everyone off the better - I'm noticing a lot of my queries lately are returning complete junk results.

Noticed the Adwords now at the bottom of the SERPs? They obviously prefer people to click on a paid add then go to page 2 these days.

Since their "(not provided)" update they've pissed off a lot of people - be interesting to see how it all pans out down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ya i like the direction in where there heading, but im not liking the way there getting there to be honest.

Seemingly ? Trying to give a better user experience with matt mutts cutts being at the forefront about telling the scroogle club about how to get around the whole spam feature and to make it "harder" for us seo people to zoom up the serps..

Clearly not going to happen, there's a will there's a way.. Im not liking the last update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

yeah i hate them, google adwords is a total scam

Care to explain why or do you have a reason at all to back up that claim?

Were you unable to manage your account?

rampant under-reporting of adclicks and pageviews, at least on many of my websites, i'd don't appreciate not getting paid what i should be from a company that makes ridiculous amounts of money.

so i just got rid of it.

the quality of ads on there are pretty trashy too.

take the irish independent newspaper website for example.

it's hard to take their headlines seriously when u have a
    google adwords box with a scrawny asian guy with a six-pack plastered all over the page

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

google adwords box with a scrawny asian guy with a six-pack plastered all over the page

God bless AdBlock Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

Almost every change Google makes is retrograde.
    their clean interface for search was great.
    Gmail was great.
    suspicion about their privacy policy has turned out to be justified.
    They sold their soul when they agreed to China's 'censored' version.
    they make surfing very easy but have lost their image as a 'friend' along the way.
    i know if they had a good competitor i would desert them now.

As for google eggs,well have some of the workforce got nothing else to do?
    talk about overpaid!

rampant under-reporting of adclicks and pageviews, at least on many of my websites, i'd don't appreciate not getting paid what i should be from a company that makes ridiculous amounts of money.

so i just got rid of it.

Under-reporting in AdWords? Care to explain what that means? Are you talking about Analytics? Are you talking about Adsense?

The display network works differently to the search network.
    hangon wrote: »
    Almost every change Google makes is retrograde.
    their clean interface for search was great.
    Gmail was great.
    suspicion about their privacy policy has turned out to be justified.
    They sold their soul when they agreed to China's 'censored' version.
    they make surfing very easy but have lost their image as a 'friend' along the way.
    i know if they had a good competitor i would desert them now.

As for google eggs,well have some of the workforce got nothing else to do?
    talk about overpaid!

You mean before advertising? If you had a chance to make money wouldn't you avail of it? Of course you would. Especially when we are talking about $20+ billion a year. I know what i'd do.

What's a Google egg? What exactly are you talking about in your last line? Who is overpaid?

Why would google spend all that money to be your "friend"???

oh yeah adsense is what i refer to as being a scam.

as for adwords, well, still not a bad way of advertising your services/goods...

what's it to you anyway?
    u part of google's propaganda dept?

Google Europe earned 6 billion last year but only paid 9 million in taxes.
    FACT

oh yeah adsense is what i refer to as being a scam.

as for adwords, well, still not a bad way of advertising your services/goods...

what's it to you anyway?
    u part of google's propaganda dept?

Google Europe earned 6 billion last year but only paid 9 million in taxes.
    FACT

Can't speak for adsense, never liked it so I stayed away from it. Either way, you're getting paid for ads showing on your website. It's worse than the people complaining about the free products and services they receive. Read the T+C and if you don't like what you see then don't sign up for it.

Adwords can be awesome, can be bad too if you haven't a clue what you are doing.

What's it to me? Not much really, just get your "facts" straight before you bashing people/companies.

Where did you get your "fact" from exactly? You can't just post something, say "FACT" and expect people to believe it.

Either way, what's your beef with paying that % of tax? If your statement is true, and they didn't break any laws, what's the problem?

Either way, you're getting paid for ads showing on your website.

No, I wasn't actually. I was getting underpaid

Read the T+C and if you don't like what you see then don't sign up for it.

What's this, some kind of celtic-tiger era-speak for justifying daylight robbery?

Either way, what's your beef with paying that % of tax? If your statement is true, and they didn't break any laws, what's the problem?

There's just so much wrong with this statement....

9 million from 5.6 billion

That's what we are taxing Google Europe folks....

And people think they located here because of our "educated workforce",
    what a joke!

I'll read this later when I have time.
    No, I wasn't actually. I was getting underpaid

You got paid. Did you know what you were signing up for? If not then that's your problem. Shouldn't have signed up in the first place.
    What's this, some kind of celtic-tiger era-speak for justifying daylight robbery?

No, it's not at all. Don't sign up for something if you haven't a clue what it's about. It's common sense really.
    There's just so much wrong with this statement....

9 million from 5.6 billion

That's what we are taxing Google Europe folks....

And people think they located here because of our "educated workforce",
    what a joke!

Are you angry because a company located here to benefit financially? Why? It's normal, it's called business. It's done all the time. Are you saying you would not locate to benefit financially?

There's something wrong with your figures... is the 5.6B you state correct?

my figures are correct yes...

• Advertisement

"Google's income-shuffle is all above board and legal."

From your article.

Um, it's the system that needs an overhaul. Don't be angry and somebody playing by the rules and benefiting from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Come on, cool down guys.

Everyone knows Bing is the best.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

I think the fundamental google business model is now flawed.

See original page/brinin white paper:

http://infolab.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html
    we expect that advertising funded search engines will be inherently biased towards the advertisers and away from the needs of the consumers...less blatant bias are likely to be tolerated by the market. For example, a search engine could add a small factor to search results from "friendly" companies, and subtract a factor from results from competitors. This type of bias is very difficult to detect but could still have a significant effect on the market. Furthermore, advertising income often provides an incentive to provide poor quality search results.

So could Mr. Page and Mr Brinin please address the court and explain the following evidence...

a 2010 quarterly report.
    http://investor.google.com/documents/20100331_google_10Q.html
    Advertising revenues made up 97% and 96% of our revenues for the three months ended March 31, 2009 and 2010

and this percentage of income is apparently unchanged since that time...

Enough said.

Advertisement