Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im tired of my current playlist. please inspire me..

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi. Im bored with my downloads/cd collection etc. They remind me of a stick of Wrigleys spearmint chewing gum ie great initially then they lose their flavour. One of my work colleagues (from New Zealand) was complaining of the same thing so I thought about it and told her about Goats Dont Shave-a now defunct band from Donegal but interesting and she loves them.I then told her about Bagatelle and shes happy. Someone do the same for me please. My problem is Im too obvious/populist. I enjoyed Rhianna s&m and Lady Gaga poker face and Amy Winehouse Rehab but who doesnt? Y-a-w-n. Give me some new songs.I dont care whether they are jazz or soul or rock or indie or country we were poor but we were happy and we had chicken on a Sunday c&w. I just want something different. Whats your little guilty song from down the decades? Spice up my ipod for me please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Sorry...I really am, but can you put that text in paragraphs please?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm listening to this right now and it's magnificent, so enjoy

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

herosa wrote: »
    Hi. Im bored with my downloads/cd collection etc. They remind me of a stick of Wrigleys spearmint chewing gum ie great initially then they lose their flavour. One of my work colleagues (from New Zealand) was complaining of the same thing so I thought about it and told her about Goats Dont Shave-a now defunct band from Donegal but interesting and she loves them.I then told her about Bagatelle and shes happy. Someone do the same for me please. My problem is Im too obvious/populist. I enjoyed Rhianna s&m and Lady Gaga poker face and Amy Winehouse Rehab but who doesnt? Y-a-w-n. Give me some new songs.I dont care whether they are jazz or soul or rock or indie or country we were poor but we were happy and we had chicken on a Sunday c&w. I just want something different. Whats your little guilty song from down the decades? Spice up my ipod for me please.

sorry there is no hope for you, get some dettol, that might help but it would be like trying to cure aids with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Playlist, no. break up the monotony of masturbation a bit? Play-list. An orderly list of dfferent things to do, for fun. Not enough hours in the day. Branch out. incorporate more.. sufficient distractions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

herosa wrote: »

Sorry about the paragraph thing..Ive about 20,000 songs here on a hard drive for radio.
    PM me :) if you want them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

So remember this ain't After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Beirut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

super-rush wrote: »
    Moved from After Hours.

So remember this ain't After Hours.

I got a red card this way before... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Saila wrote: »
    sorry there is no hope for you, get some dettol, that might help but it would be like trying to cure aids with it

really emphasizes their own emphasism on being slags. that sort of hardcore is meant for x rated home video, pop lightweights

/ moved? still in AH on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Here's a short playlist I made recently.

Alex Turner - Piledriver Waltz
    Jape - Phil Lynott
    Camera Obscura - Lloyd I'm Ready to be Heartbroken
    Feist - Graveyard
    Bowerbirds - Bur Oak
    John Grant - Sigourney Weaver
    Midlake - Some of Them Were Superstitous
    Fleet Foxes - Lorelai
    Nouvelle Vague - In a Manner of Speaking
    The Dudes - Small Mercies
    Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Midlake - Roscoe
    Mastodon - Crack the Skye
    Dropkick Murphys - the State of Massechusetts
    Peter Gabriel - My Body Is A Cage
    Land Lovers - The Cinema Bell
    Rory Gallagher - Out On The Western Plain
    Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog
    Monster Magnet - Black Balloon
    The Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel
    Ryan Bingham - The Weary Kind
    Ryan Adams - New York, New York
    The 80s Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Rise Of The Eagles
    Joanna Newsom - Kingfisher
    Paul Brady - The Lakes of Ponchartrain
    Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain
    James Taylor - Carolina In My Mind
    The Dillinger Escape Plan - When Good Dogs Do Bad Things
    Sofa Surfers - The Plan
    Dio - Holy Diver
    Sublime - Date Rape
    Stevie Wonder - Superstition

It's a very very varied list but there's a bit of everything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Here's another mix with a good blend of styles & tempos.

Ananda Shankar - Streets of Calcutta
    Blood Red Shoes - You Bring Me Down
    Booker T & The MGs - Hi Ride
    Camp Lo - Lucchini
    Captain Beefheart - Call on Me
    Charles Mingus - Moanin'
    Claudio Abbado (Conductor) - Prokoviev's "Arise Ye Russian People"
    Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man
    Fun Lovin' Criminals - The Grave & The Constant
    Kerbdog - Sally
    Jim Sullivan - Highway
    Kíla - Rusty Nails
    Hole - Violet
    RSAG - Moon Movin' The Oceans
    Seasick Steve - Never Go West
    Mos Def - Ms Fat Booty
    Wayne Henderson - People Get Ready

Should be a few things in there to get your buzz going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Could you elaborate on what type of playlist you want OP? Mix of dance/pop/Rap etc?

In either case here's a few random songs I've been listening to lately:

Avicci - Levels
    Dirty South - Walkin' Alone
    Calvin Harris - Feel So Close
    Lupe Fiasco - Hip Hop Saved my Life
    Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris - We Found Love
    Bad Meets Evil - Lighters
    Grandstaff - Party til 9am
    The Heavy - how you like me now
    The Roots - The Seed
    Bon Iver - Perth
    Bon Iver - Towers
    Caribou - Odessa
    Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Pictures
    Marcus Foster - I was Broken

• Registered Users Posts: 21 joethelion

try Band of Horses , The National & Dave Matthews Band

• Registered Users Posts: 11,110 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thanks to Grooveshark I came across a band called Great Big Sea, they're Canucks. They have songs as lively as this:

or as moving/etc as this:

Definitely deserves a spot in your playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Look up "Self Aid 1986" on Youtube. If you are too young to have heard of it this was an attempt to run a concert to raise money for job creation in the
    80's recession. Might not have been the brightest of ideas but the gig was amazing.

Its basically a who's who of Irish music in 1986 and if you weren't around then you might find a band there you like. I think is was a great era for Irish bands - but just because I was young then:):rolleyes:

Advertisement