Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Graduate Work Visa??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

SAJ wrote: »
    Would anyone have an approximate figure too how much cheaper it is booking the 1 year graduate working visa with the IIC, rather than companies such as USIT or Go for less? I'm assuming also these visas can be applied for year round? And how long does the process generally take? Sorry for all the questions, am just trying to formulate some sort of plan for applying for this visa next year.

Hi,

Went with the IIC, got my visa in the post last Thursday and heading this Saturday. Dunno about USIT's cost - I think someone said in a previous post it cost them between €2,200 and €2,350.

I went with the IIC and got the whole thing sorted for roughly €1200 plus flights. I only booked a one way flight and got it for 285 to NYC, so €1485 all together

I got lucky with relatively cheap flights but even worst case scenario I couldnt see it going much over €1800 with IIC.

Takes 7 weeks start to finish (from the first day you email them to the day you can legitimitely get on a plane).

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SAJ

Thanks very for your help that's exactly what I wanted to know. Best of luck with the housing/job hunt if you're still looking for that. Have a great time in NYC

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FC1988

Quick question. Does anyone know if all the visa sponsors (USIT, Go4Less, etc.) have the 90 day rule? As in if you don't find a job, you're kicked out? I see the IIC in boston has 90 cumulative days, e.g. if you were looking for a job for 60 days, found a short-term one, then you would only have another 30 days to find another job after the first finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LT365

Hey guys, I had my interview with the embassy on the 10th of december and I still haven't got my Visa. They are saying my application is under review and thats all they are telling me. Has anything like this ever happened anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Usually the visa processing time is only a couple of days, however if its busy, this can be delayed a few weeks, especially with the holidays. Did they give you a reference code as shown here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 amymariac

That happened to my friend last summer. We were both applying for our third summer J1. Mine came in a few days like normal. His was for no reason delayed for three weeks. It got there in the end though. If you were granted your visa at the interview then everything should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

LT365 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I had my interview with the embassy on the 10th of december and I still haven't got my Visa. They are saying my application is under review and thats all they are telling me. Has anything like this ever happened anyone else??

Heh LT365 sent you a PM there

Guys I'm looking for someone who has gone on this visa in the last six months or is planning to go with IIIC. I'm writing an article about the visa. I went with USIT and so just looking for someone who could give me an outline of the basic costs and time outline of the program with IIIC? If anyone wouldn't mind letting me ask them a few questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Didi2013

Just beginning to apply to go to Chicago around June for the 1 Year work visa. I graduated in law.

Any pointers from people who are there at the moment? Are USIT the best option? Or is III Center much cheaper?

From reading your comment most of ye are there already, so if you have any advice how to source jobs or any tips at all!

I'd be grateful!

Thanks

I think IIIC is a good bit cheaper from what I've heard, but USIT is really fast, and I definitely appreciated having a point person in Dublin I could call up when I wanted :)

I went on the J-1 with a law degree and got a job in immigration law pretty easily but I had to work for free for a good while before it became worth it financially. See if there's anyone at the university who knows of someone out there before you come out, and try to go with some companies in mind so you're not starting from scratch once you get out here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

Hi Guys,

With regard to the IIIC, i know everyone is saying that it is much cheaper than USIT but is the whole process much more difficult? I know going with USIT might cost that bit more but do they make things a lot easier?
    I'm just wondering as I would like to save money but I also don't want to fcuk anything up in the process!

Thanks

Advertisement