Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shop selling crystals

• 04-11-2011 7:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Do you know is there a shop that sells crystals for healing etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

femur61 wrote: »

No, because they don't exist. Sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jewellery shop in arundle square is where me mother said she got some of hers. Also in the healthfood shop in Georges court.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Save you're money. Crystal healing is poppycock pseudoscience and has been proven over and over again to be nothing more than a delusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

dayshah wrote: »
    No, because they don't exist. Sorry :(
    Beeker wrote: »
    Save you're money. Crystal healing is poppycock pseudoscience and has been proven over and over again to be nothing more than a delusion.

The way i see it, if a crystal has a placebo effect on someone, giving them a positive outlook on a situation then whats the harm..

H

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Heathen wrote: »
    The way i see it, if a crystal has a placebo effect on someone, giving them a positive outlook on a situation then whats the harm..

H
    The harm is when people start to use them instead of proven medicine to treat an illness especially something serious like cancer.
    I am all for "go with what works for you" but dont be deluded and dont pay money to quacks. Be rational and see through pseudo science.

• Advertisement

Beeker wrote: »
    The harm is when people start to use them instead of proven medicine to treat an illness especially something serious like cancer.
    I am all for "go with what works for you" but dont be deluded and dont pay money to quacks. Be rational and see through pseudo science.
    Yeah that's a bit dodgy alright. For small non life threathening conditions they are grand and if they set someones mind at rest then that's brilliant.
    Me mother used to be giving me this colour stone and that colour stone for x and y. I used to be walking around with me hand in my pocket playing with the stones. Don't have them anymore so just walk around with my hand in my pocket playing with my stones haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Oh yea, by all means if you have a serious medical condition you need the appropriate care and expertise, but for non life threatening things like anxiousness and such i have known people to relax when then they have charm type object they can find comfort with... I suppose it would be similar enough to a child with a security blanket? the blanket will not fend off bad things, but the child feels safe with it regardless..

H

Oh yea, by all means if you have a serious medical condition you need the appropriate care and expertise, but for non life threatening things like anxiousness and such i have known people to relax when then they have charm type object they can find comfort with... I suppose it would be similar enough to a child with a security blanket? the blanket will not fend off bad things, but the child feels safe with it regardless..

H
    I still have me blanky :) it rocks.

Anxiousness was why me gave me the stones.
    Different colours for different things. Some of them do be cool looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The GF says that there's a shop in Wexford, Anne's Angels that sells a selection of them, if you fancy the trip? On the Main Street in Wexford Town.

The GF says that there's a shop in Wexford, Anne's Angels that sells a selection of them, if you fancy the trip? On the Main Street in Wexford Town.
    mother mentioned that place aswell. Supposedly a good collection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Depends how much they are selling the crystals for. Are people been taken advantage of?

I'm all for placebos. If any foxy chicks want to pay me €100 to lay my hands over them to make them feel better I'll do it (if I'm not arrested first).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I Know a fella has some crystal meth, you'd def feel good from that for a while

Advertisement