Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a good place to sell an Irish website?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

I'm looking to sell a website. It's an Irish community/forum website with an active user base. I'm not interested in sites like Flippa, as it's a very Irish site, with an Irish only user base and it needs an Irish buyer/owner.

Are there any places you could recommend advertising the site that would reach Irish potential buyers?

The site generates advertising revenues of about 2.5K a year, and has room for growth. I'll be emailing businesses that might benefit from owning the site, but any advice anyone can give would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Is it boards.ie? I'll give ya a fiver for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

do you have contracts with these advertisers ? or is it just people you know (ie. will the advertising revenue disappear after sale)

is it a .ie website ? if so you will have difficulty selling....is it a business or website you are selling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

No contracts with the advertisers, but there's no reason they'd stop advertising unless the site changed. It's a niche area and the advertisers are in that niche. They're all paid up until the end of the year.

It's a .com domain, though we do own the .ie as well (never used). .ie domains are just too torublesome.

It's the website we're selling - there is no attached business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

can you PM the site name please - I'm interested in viewing it and seeing if its worth investing/purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Pope John 11

PCPhoto wrote: »
    can you PM the site name please - I'm interested in viewing it and seeing if its worth investing/purchasing.

PM me too. I am always interested in Irish sites, to develop them further. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ya im also interested please.. pm me more details..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gemma188

Another one looking for a PM! Genuinely would be interested if I saw potential in the website. Also, like the OP asked; is there anywhere to go for buying/selling websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No not in ireland that i can think or or heard off..

Best you could hope for is a broker but i dont know any irish ones or flippa..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

Fellas, while I appreciate all the interest and request for PMs, I'm not going to be sending identifying information about a local website that generates income to anonymous people on the internet.

I'm sure you're all accomplished entrepreneurs who buy and sell business all the time, but if you're really interested, PM me with a real name, an email address that's not hotmail, and a link to to who you are in real as well as business life (website, Linked In, etc.).

Thanks.

Advertisement