Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal flights

Options
  • 04-11-2011 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm off to Sydney for a week - mad I know!

Anyway, during this stay I have booked an internal flight from Sydney to Brisbane. When I flew to Melbourne years ago it was just a case of arriving at the airport half an hour before the flight, putting our handbags through the scanner then boarding the plane!

I'd say things are different now! Can anybody tell me how much time I need to allow? I'll be flying with VirginAustralia, by the way (I get the impression they're the Aussie version of Ryanair!!)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's the exact same thing pretty much. Arrive 45 minutes beforehand, show your drivers licence and check your bags. Usual security job after that. It's very cruisey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's the exact same thing pretty much. Arrive 45 minutes beforehand, show your drivers licence and check your bags. Usual security job after that. It's very cruisey.

Xavi6, would that be 45 minutes before the flight, or boarding time?

kelle wrote: »
    Xavi6, would that be 45 minutes before the flight, or boarding time?

The flight. Seats are allocated so there's not point in being at the gate until about 20 mins before take off. I fly regularly enough with Virgin and always do the same thing.

Maybe give yourself an hour before take off if you're a bit unsure.

That's great, thanks a million for your help!

Do you find them reliable?

Yup, I only fly Virgin internally. Good prices if you book early and they haven't done a Qantas on me yet.

• Advertisement

:D

I booked Virgin because their times were better than Qantas - boy, was I glad last week I did!

Advertisement