Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duff McKagan book signing & gig

Options
  • 04-11-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone go to either of these yesterday? Anyone got any pictures? I missed the interview that was on Radio Nova yesterday.....was it any good/interesting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

I went to both. Book signing was OK. He got to pretty much everyone and was polite etc etc but it got a little chaotic at the very end when he came down off the Eason's stage thingy. Got to say hello and got the book signed so happy with that. Gig was good. Not too familiar with the Loaded music but will definitely check it out now. In terms of GnR music, he teased the crowd a bit and played a little bit of Patience. Then the very last song was It's so Easy, which is also the title of his book and the crowd loved it. A good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

steamsey wrote: »
    I went to both. Book signing was OK. He got to pretty much everyone and was polite etc etc but it got a little chaotic at the very end when he came down off the Eason's stage thingy. Got to say hello and got the book signed so happy with that. Gig was good. Not too familiar with the Loaded music but will definitely check it out now. In terms of GnR music, he teased the crowd a bit and played a little bit of Patience. Then the very last song was It's so Easy, which is also the title of his book and the crowd loved it. A good gig.

I only heard yesterday that duff was playing in dublin. Didn't see it any where

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone got pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

steamsey wrote: »

What was he like as a person? Did you get talking to him for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

No - was not talking to him for long. But saw him talk to all the people ahead of me too. He seemed sound - a bit "flakey" maybe, but polite and considerate. I thanked him for the signature and he sort of slapped me on the shoulder and said "you got it". Definitely seemed likeable but at the same time he must have been overwhelmed with all the people - maybe that's the way you get after a few hundred people talking to you in one hour and taking photos etc! - no matter how many times you do it. All the other punters also seemed delighted with him, I was just happy that I got my book signed TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yep, i went (Signing), was pretty good, i seen him towards the end when he came off the stage, took a pic wit him, then said "Duff, i've been waiting years to meet ya, you're one of my heroes and there's something i just gotta know.........What's yer favourite type of Cheese?"

He laughed and just looked at me, "Are you serious? Where the **** did that come from?" while laughing still.

"I just gotta know Duff"

"Swiss"

Pretty funny moment

duff1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yep, i went (Signing), was pretty good, i seen him towards the end when he came off the stage, took a pic wit him, then said "Duff, i've been waiting years to meet ya, you're one of my heroes and there's something i just gotta know.........What's yer favourite type of Cheese?"

He laughed and just looked at me, "Are you serious? Where the **** did that come from?" while laughing still.

"I just gotta know Duff"

"Swiss"

Pretty funny moment

duff1.jpg

nice one Scud ;-)

I hadn't actually heard about the signing, had decided to give this gig a miss as I already had enough on this week, was told there were only 100 at the gig in Belfast and it was pretty poor, so that had made me think my decision was a good one, what was the crowd like in the Academy ?
    maybe they'd just had a poor night in Belfast.....

Advertisement