Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teddy bear donation

• 04-11-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My girlfriend has a large amount of teddy bears of all shapes and sizes she's had since she was a kid that she wants to cleanup and donate to a charity this Christmas. Does anyone know where the most suitable place to send them to would be as they're in great condition and would definitely bring a smile to the kids faces. :)

thanks a million,

HeeBeeGeeBee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

try ebay and then send the money -- a lot of hospital wont take the teddies due to some kids having allergies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

The Shoebox Appeal is coming up again. I know that because every year when I go to the shoe shops for a box they have run out of empty boxes 'cos everyone is getting ready for the appeal. I know the idea is to fill the box will gifts for children, but they may also need some spares for filling up little spaces in the boxes. No harm in asking them anyway.

http://www.samaritans-purse.org.uk/ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Barnardos or any family resource centres may appreciate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sell them for as much money as you can, and send the money to the childrens hosptal, or even better, [ssf]Santa Strike Force[/ssf] (boardsies buy lots of toys and give them to the children hospitals). See here for more info on the SSF.

Don't fall for the sob stories, as they seem to just resell your toys for a higher prices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

the_syco wrote: »
    Don't fall for the sob stories, as they seem to just resell your toys for a higher prices!

Hope you don't mean Samaritan's Purse, as I know they freely are given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Hope you don't mean Samaritan's Purse, as I know they freely are given.
    No. I've seen a few people giving away teddies for free on adverts.ie with people who have loads of stuff for sale looking to take them for "their kids"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Samaritans Purse is pretty good - The parcels are not always distributed at Christmas - Ive seen them being delivered to Villages in Africa in May!! - but the Children do get the gifts.

Alternatively if they are small teddies you could consider giving them to a local smaller Charity that does work in the developing world. There are a wide variety of ones affiliated with Presbyterian and Church Of Ireland Churches in the North / North East, Chernobyl groups throughout the country who work with orphanages in Belarus etc, and a small number of independant charities who work in Africa. If you seem to have difficulty getting rid in a manner your happy with then PM me and Il see If I can get a local contact!

Advertisement