Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fuel seized at fuel station?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

customs seized fuel at a service station in louth , anyone know where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

This is on RTE's news site but doesn't name the stations.

From http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1103/fuel.html

158,000 litres of fuel seized by Revenue
    Updated: 23:33, Thursday, 3 November 2011

Revenue officials were backed up armed gardaí in some of the raids
    158,000 litres of fuel have been seized today in series of raids by The Office of the Revenue Commissioners intended to combat illegal trade in mineral oils.

Revenue officials, backed up by armed Gardaí on a number of premises, carried out raids on ten petrol stations in Dublin, Galway and Louth.

In Co Louth, 136,000 litres of fuel were seized from a fuel depot, and a tanker with 19,500 litres of fuel contained within it was detained in a filling station. 2,660 litres of fuel were seized from an illegally trading filling station in Dublin.

In the lead-up to the operation two filling stations in Dublin were targeted, and approximately 20,000 litres of fuel were seized; the two premises were subsequently closed down.

€8,000 was detained in a private residence in Co Galway as part of the raids, and €31,000 was detained in a private residence in Co Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

You would be better served asking this in the motors forum.

Louth is not the only county with a diesel issue - it is countrywide.

I would imagine if you ask around people will know which depot and stations were involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

The Guvnor wrote: »
    You would be better served asking this in the motors forum.

Louth is not the only county with a diesel issue - it is countrywide.

I would imagine if you ask around people will know which depot and stations were involved.

He is asking around, thats why he posted it here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

sunday Times say that it is one the outskirts of Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

If anybody knows and can't back it up so can't post the name please PM it to me.

• Advertisement

It would be remiss of us to start naming stations without the necessary proof.

It would be remiss of us to start naming stations without the necessary proof.

Hence the pm request.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Can i ask why you care?

seannash wrote: »
    Can i ask why you care?

Of course you can. You can ask me anything you want. I won't necessarily answer you but you fire away. :)

seannash wrote: »
    Can i ask why you care?

Is this for me Sean or MugMugs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Drive out the road,look for a petrol station that was opened on Thursday but is closed now,that is the one that was raided !!
    Too simple ??

Drive out the road,look for a petrol station that was opened on Thursday but is closed now,that is the one that was raided !!
    Too simple ??
    It was a simple request folks..... ignore it if you'd rather not do it.

I frequent that forum daily. That thread gives no indication as to what station in Dundalk got done.

I've found out anyway and I'm none too suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

MugMugs wrote: »
    I frequent that forum daily. That thread gives no indication as to what station in Dundalk got done.

Roughly ;) where abouts in Dundalk was it? I've 2 in mind.

I posted the motors thread as it references pumps.ie.

Just go on price if it looks to cheap - buyer beware etc.

If tesco sell for x and others are less than this etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Can you PM this to me, MugsMugs? My first guess would probably be correct would it?

Sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bikerg

Has any had any issue with their engine since buying diesel from this garage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

@ Bikerg: I had to get my injectors and tank cleaned a few days ago due to bad petrol and a friend of mine also had to get the same done, we both filled at the same filling station.

Can you PM me the name of filling station, want to see if it's the same one, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

hellboy99 wrote: »
    @ Bikerg: I had to get my injectors and tank cleaned a few days ago due to bad petrol and a friend of mine also had to get the same done, we both filled at the same filling station.

Can you PM me the name of filling station, want to see if it's the same one, thanks.

What do you mean bad petrol? Generally the problem is with diesel that is treated with chemicals to remove colourant. There is no agricultural petrol so I don't know how this could have been treated in any way. Maybe I'm missing something???

ibh wrote: »
    What do you mean bad petrol? Generally the problem is with diesel that is treated with chemicals to remove colourant. There is no agricultural petrol so I don't know how this could have been treated in any way. Maybe I'm missing something???

Whilst not as rampant it is known for Petrol to be "diluted" when being treated in that it has "additives" put into it.

Put too much in (or water it too much) and you're going to cause problems to the motor running on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Whilst not as rampant it is known for Petrol to be "diluted" when being treated in that it has "additives" put into it.

Put too much in (or water it too much) and you're going to cause problems to the motor running on it.
    That's exactly what I was told.

Just before I had to bring the car in to be looked at the last couple of fills it wasn't doing great mileage, there was a drop in power and a few cutouts. Now that the car is sorted and I've changed my filling station the car is back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone want to PM the filling station?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bikerg

PM sent with garage name
    toby2111 wrote: »
    Anyone want to PM the filling station?

Advertisement