Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Stations - late opening hours

Options
  • 04-11-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

I was home recently and left it late to head back to Dublin - was trying to think of what petrol stations were open late on my way back. There aren't that many!

In Charleville the one on the Limerick road leaving Charleville seems to close before 10pm and the other which is out the Mallow road was open - can't think of the name of it, but on right hand side on the way out of Charleville.

Would be really handy if ye could add to this list - I know it's obviously better to be prepared but these things happen!

Comments

So you're going from Cork to Dublin via Limerick? :confused:

The filling station at Rourke's cross (5 miles on Limerick side of Charleville) used to be 24 hour - not sure if it still is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The Mallow one is Kearys - open 24h.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

So you're going from Cork to Dublin via Limerick? :confused:

The filling station at Rourke's cross (5 miles on Limerick side of Charleville) used to be 24 hour - not sure if it still is.

Yup - I live in North Cork - it's much closer to go that way.

Rourke's cross has a new petrol station actually - I keep forgetting about it. Not sure what times it's open but you may be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Ya kearys is 24 hour, i taught that one in charleville was 24 hour?

Ya kearys is 24 hour, i taught that one in charleville was 24 hour?

The one out the Mallow Road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Yeah, the one on the road leaving Charleville going to Mallow is 24hr. It's called Campus and it's actually on the left hand side.

That's the big one isn't it with the large shop attached - I was thinking of the little one nearer to the town. Good to know that one of them is 24 hour anyway! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Just to let ye know that campus in charleville has not been selling fuel with nearly two weeks. There's a sign up about some problem with a tax cert. So nearest 24hr is mallow at the moment. They are hoping to get problem sorted soon so don't head to charleville in the red !

Just to let ye know that campus in charleville has not been selling fuel with nearly two weeks. There's a sign up about some problem with a tax cert. So nearest 24hr is mallow at the moment. They are hoping to get problem sorted soon so don't head to charleville in the red !

Yikes!! Thanks a million for the chickenlittle - sound!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BA11YBOY

I think Campus has it's Petrol back and has sorted out the tax cert.

as far as i know the GreatGas in Ballyhea stays open till 9 or 10
    Campus (the big one) on your right as you approach Charleville operates a night hatch
    Amber the little one on your left stays open untill 10 or 11 maybe midnight but i stand to be corected on the exact times they're guidelines
    and the Topaz (lucey's) stays open till 10 i think
    Also as mentioned by previous posts there's a petrol station at o'Rourke's Cross but not sure of the opening time
    and a petrol station (MAXOL) situated at Bhean Og (banogue) not sure of the spelling but would avoid it unless necessory as it's not a very good station

hope that helps anyone who's travelling through charleville and the near area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

I was in charleville Saturday night and campus still not serving fuel. Night hatch open for shop only. Loads of people getting caught driving in red. So fuel up in Mallow or Limerick in the late hours !

Thanks for the warning!!

Advertisement