Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for ideas for a charity day for worthwile charity for Christmas

• 04-11-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

At the min in work I am trying to orgnise a evening or day of giving something back to community before Christmas. It would be a small group of people no more than 8 people. I am looking for suggeestions on ideas of how to get this started. We talked about giving some time at soup kitchen but again I dont no where to start. (Google hasnt been to good on this for me). We are based in the city centre and would preferable like some where there to spend our time. Also o people could give me some of there charitable plans for Xmas or activities they have done in the past that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Firstly fair play to you for wanting to give something back.

Secondly I can't think of any where you could volunteer but I reckon if you contact the SVP...here are they details :
    Address SVP House , 91-92, Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1
    Telephone 01 8550022
    Fax 01 8559168
    Email info@svpdublin.ie

They might need help on the run up to Christmas to pack hampers or even deliver them. Talk to them there and see.

Also try focus Ireland they help the homeless as does the Simon Community. Follow the link below to see many other charity organizations operating in Ireland that might avail of you generous offer to help out!!

http://www.jobnetwork.ie/charities/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Ste1605 wrote: »
    Hi,

At the min in work I am trying to orgnise a evening or day of giving something back to community before Christmas. It would be a small group of people no more than 8 people. I am looking for suggeestions on ideas of how to get this started. We talked about giving some time at soup kitchen but again I dont no where to start. (Google hasnt been to good on this for me). We are based in the city centre and would preferable like some where there to spend our time. Also o people could give me some of there charitable plans for Xmas or activities they have done in the past that would be great.

I recently clicked on an ad for Focus ireland on Facebook and spent some time as a volunteer collecting for thier charity at my local shopping centre. try them if you wish. Or ring any of the well known charities such as Simon etc.

Advertisement